Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT. How to test speakers without a radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
On a chance I picked up a set of oval Blaupunkt speakers thar fit into the speaker grill and shallow enough to fit. They look good but I don't have a radio to test them with. Is there a way to use a multimeter or something to see if they're good?

I might use them oe sell them but first want to know they're working.
Mueller
voltmeter....

4 ohms for resistance

on DC and push, you should see some voltage
fixer34
Voltmeter will only tell you that the static coil is 'good'. The movable voicecoil could be shot and you won't know. Do you have an old stereo around? (I know, I'm dating myself..) As long as you don't crank up the volume, it should be work.
Mueller
Touch a 9vdc battery quickly to the inputs?

Speaker should move and "pop" (no damage unless you kept the battery on for too long....hours or so?)
bandjoey
Thanks. I didn't want to pull mine off the car but that's the only radio I have. If the voltmeter and 9v test work I'll hook one up in the car to see what works.
76-914
1.5v D cell works as well. You can confirm the polarity as well this way. If the speaker jumps out at you the polarity is correct. If it jumps away from you the polarity is crossed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.