Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Would this get you to buy a new 2005 Boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I'm really thinking I'm not a Boxster driver at heart any more. Would this get you excited about a Boxster? Nice shot of a 914 in the infommercial.

http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/986/ma....pl?read=941614
Rusty
Interesting video.

Is it true this year's Boxster (base) is cheaper than last years? IPB Image

An interesting way to undercut the used car market!

-Rusty IPB Image
Aaron Cox
who puts a bra on a 914??? IPB Image

cool none the less
Rouser
Would this get you excited about a Boxster?

Already am ... an '05 or '06 Boxster S, Guards Red, gray or black interior, some bells & whistles, for our 30th Anniversary. Watch out for a 914 fire sale in '06.

OK, car's more for me, but the wife wants/gets the mortgage burnt and I get the "S". The Southern Carribean cruise is just the icing on the whole damn cake!
aircooledboy
Fatal Error: Shoulda hired "Yellow Sean TV Productions Inc. Esq."

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
tat2dphreak
that video + 40k would get me to buy a boxter... but I'm still not that impressed with the boxters... gimme an elise!
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 1 2005, 03:05 PM)

cool none the less

I think we understand why YOU don't!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Cheers, Elliot
serge914
They show them driving on the highway most of the time, any car can do that.
And that music IPB Image

I believe they should have switched to round headlights like the 911.
For the money, I would take an Elise also.
d7n7master
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 1 2005, 02:05 PM)

cool none the less

IPB Image Ouch!
anthony
The video wouldn't get me to buy a boxster even if I had the money. Seeing all those wine and cheese non-car types is a turn off. Watch Alan Decadenet drive a Boxster in Victory by Design and you'll want to buy a Boxster.
d7n7master
Just watched the video.
Way Cool!!! An Engineering Marvel!!! I liked it - great car -
Just a thought... Is Porsche making an effort to update their old skool image with a 21st Century twist???
BTW - I'm thrilled & shocked that Porsche had the good sense to re-introduce a car that we have all missed since 1976, the last year of production.
redshift
I may be halucinating, but I think I just saw God. He told me I could buy a Box-tart, and change the way Box-tart drivers think, by 'neakin' up on them in my Box-tart, then acting like a 914 owner.. with a baseball bat.

chair.gif

driving.gif <-- 'boxster wave' pixels on glass/© 2002 Sammy

M
redshift
huh.gif

my knees are weak..... it's ..... it's fuggin purple..

unsure.gif Am I gay?

hahaha

M
Hi_Fi_Guy
I haven't ordered a 2005 yet because I am waiting to see the Boxster coupe before I decide. I love my 2002 Boxster almost as much as I love my 914. Great car, very fun and surprisingy practical as a daily driver r even for road trips.

I wouldn't say no to a new 911 but the Boxster is much closer to my financial ability and most likely that of many other's as well.

If I had to pick a non-Porsche new car the Lotus Elise would win hands down; however, with the recent price increase by Lotus (they blame the weak dollar) the elise doesn't seem like a bargain anymore.

If the Boxster coupe looks good and MSRP comes in at less than a base Boxster there should be a whole lot of people lining up with deposits. Let hope Porsche doesn't screw up and price it too high for its feature content.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the base 2005 Boxster doesn not actually cost less than te outgoing model. It does have more standard features and is less than a 2004 Boxster with the same features added.
redshift
When do the fixed lids come out?

I want to see one..

M
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 1 2005, 05:49 PM)
When do the fixed lids come out?

I want to see one..

M

Boxster coupe wil debut in Fall 2005 in Germany.

Available in US Feb. 2006.

Too many rumors about specs., features, and price to guess about anything else.
jd74914
I like the new boxster already, biggrin.gif but that video didn't do anything for me. My friends and I have made better videos than that with borrowed tech ed cameras and editing software. The video definately wouldn't be a selling point for me dry.gif I want to know what manager let them use a Linkin Park song, I thought they are mightier than that laugh.gif
Rant over.

I too want to see a coupe. Can't wait driving.gif
redshift
That thing is going to be a stripable monster. wub.gif

I wonder if Darling Dave has knowledge of deleting the seatbelt relat rig?

laugh.gif

M
Rusty
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 1 2005, 08:35 PM)
huh.gif

my knees are weak..... it's ..... it's fuggin purple..

unsure.gif Am I gay?

What's gay got to do with it? Purple is a great color.
redshift
No, it's the Boxster part I was worried about...

laugh.gif

How you dooin?!

M
redshift
I DEMAND RUSTY READS THE PUNCHLINE!

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.