Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valves and guides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
1976 2.0l engine GC originaly with smog pump

I am having my heads rebuilt. Theses cars are not common in Sweden I think there are only a couple of hundred. The parts are not readily available and the machine shop is not sure if they can source parts required.

To avoid any mistakes I need the part numbers for the exhaust and intake valves and corresponding guides, I have looked at the PET but its for GB engines

Can anyone can help me out?

Thanks
McMark
Here ya go. Click the images for a bigger version.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised by the question. Most machine shops can measure the old valve and choose from a catalog, as well as fabricate their own guides (if they can't be found in a catalog). Most rebuilders aren't using guides and valves ordered by the Porsche part numbers.

But, if these images help, that's all that matters. wink.gif
DavidSweden
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 25 2014, 08:07 AM) *

Here ya go. Click the images for a bigger version.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised by the question. Most machine shops can measure the old valve and choose from a catalog, as well as fabricate their own guides (if they can't be found in a catalog). Most rebuilders aren't using guides and valves ordered by the Porsche part numbers.

But, if these images help, that's all that matters. wink.gif

Yes I was suprised but as I dont know **** I didnt comment, I thought it might help if i gave them the the original part number.

It suks that I dont know enough to make valued gudgement hence I post a lot of dumb questions

Thanks för helping
r_towle
Post and learn, then you can teach the rest of Scandinavia.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.