Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I wonder.............
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I wonder how long this guy is going to have to wait until he sells these wheels at this price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Set-of-4-Pors...29647&rt=nc
billh1963
Well...he does say Porsche in the title. That's worth at least $500!
Big Len
It's the Porsche bubble.
GregAmy
Bwah-hah-hah! I have a set here I've been trying to give away. They're about to hit the landfill this weekend...maybe I should list them on eBay!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 25 2014, 11:17 AM) *

Bwah-hah-hah! I have a set here I've been trying to give away. They're about to hit the landfill this weekend...maybe I should list them on eBay!

What... confused24.gif Crack habits are expensive.

Balljoint gave me a set because he has no room for them...now I'm stuck with them. dry.gif
Tom_T
That price is confounding, because HPH is Rich Bontempi who knows these 914s since the old days & still has has some hard to find NOS parts (injectors, trigger points, etc.) - and while he's not the cheapest on the block, he's also not usually this high for wheels which are not NOS clean-n-purdy for the CW & purist resto crowd.

The guys on here in the past few years who have scrounged up a set of 5 NOS perfect wheels for their resto (IIRC rfoulds comes to mind for that sweet 74 1.8L in Oly Blue) didn't pay this much per wheel.
Chris914n6
Vanna, I will take the letter 'P' for $49.95..... not.

With the crazy money flying around vintage cars right now why not cash in?
balljoint
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 25 2014, 11:37 AM) *

Balljoint gave me a set because he has no room for them...now I'm stuck with them. dry.gif

You did trade me a winning Tim Horton's cup. biggrin.gif
ldsgeek
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 25 2014, 08:17 AM) *

I might take you up on that. Mine are painted an ugly black. PM me if you're serious.
GregAmy
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Nov 25 2014, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 25 2014, 08:17 AM) *

I might take you up on that. Mine are painted an ugly black. PM me if you're serious.

Completely serious...they got moved outside today to make rack space for summer tires off the daily driver...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=245193
Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 25 2014, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 25 2014, 11:37 AM) *

You did trade me a winning Tim Horton's cup. biggrin.gif

Bastard stick.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.