Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALIMENA 1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
We had so much fun with the Route 66 tour that Curt (vsg914), and I have decided to put another event together for early spring. We are hoping to get some Texas and Arkansas folks to join in on this one.

We will be "touring" the 60 miles of awesome road that snakes it's way atop the mountains from Talihina, OK to Mena, AR.

Talimena Drive, as it is called, was made for our 914s. It's filled with sharp curves, steep grades and tight switchbacks, and has been identified as one of the best sports car roads in America. IPB Image

Once in Mena, we'll cruise around, check out whatever, have some lunch, and when everyone is ready, do it all over again driving back to Talihina. From there you can return home, or stay overnight for dinner, or possibly a cookout, and return home Sunday morning. We'll announce more details as they are developed.

Saturday, April 16th is the selected date. So who the hell is interested? IPB Image
DougC
ME, if my car is ready by then..if not I may impose with my '88 M3 anyway. Keep us updated.

Doug C
TheCabinetmaker
We'd prefer you in the teen doug, but the m3 will certainly be welcome. Ya just have to bring up the rear!! IPB Image

If you haven't traveled this road, you just can't imagine what it's like. It truly is an awesome drive. There is nothing else in Ok quite like it. There is a good reason why its called Ok highway 1.
jr91472
sounds like a plan. Let me know once you start kickin dates around
TheCabinetmaker
Uh, see first post. April 16th. Hope ya make it Jr
jr91472
oh, didn't see the date.... IPB Image
cha914
Oooo...another drive to OK...them there has the best roads I seen yet dry.gif

Seriously, I am sure it will be a great run, but I donno if I am ready for another 1200 mile round trip in the teener just yet...gonna have to install some sound deading before I do that again...

fatmat here I come!

I will keep this in mind if I just happen to get a wild hair and decide I dont really care about my hearing any more beer.gif

Tony
cametal
Sounds great, count me in! driving.gif
I've never been there before.
TheCabinetmaker
Tony, it would only a 1000 miles this time! biggrin.gif Prolly a little far for you for a one day deal. I'm sure we'll see ya in October at MUSR.

Glad to have ya on board Craig.
ClayPerrine
Sounds fun!! The target date for getting my /6 running is April 15th. If all goes well, I can bring it. It wont be finished by any means, but it should be running and driving by then.

If not, we can bring the wife's 74 1.8.

David_S
Dang ....wish it were a little closer!!! Oh well, I don't think mine will be running by then, but I am sure hoping it is. Maybe next time .... may not be painted, but maybe it will at least be driveable!
TheCabinetmaker
Clay, bring em both!!! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Feb 2 2005, 07:27 PM)
Clay, bring em both!!! biggrin.gif

If my car is running we will be bringing both 914s. Betty wants to take her car too.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get my car on the road before then.

Clay
jr91472
well, looks like that date is gonna be a problem for me headbang.gif

I'll keep working it and maybe something will break loose. But for now, count me out.

sniff.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.