Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body Tolerances
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
podiummotorsports
Happy Wednesday. Since I am taking a half day from work I figured I would work on my car and try to figure out why the idle is not able to go below 1100 rpm without the car dying.

I narrowed it down to what I think is a worn out throttle body. I have purchased a used one from Bruce and it is on its way but I wanted to know how to tell exactly how much tolerance there is in a throttle body.

I have attached a number of photos showing how much light goes threw the throttle body from both directions. Not sure if I should see any light at all. Also the rod that the butterfly is attached to also has lots of play and I tried to show in the pictures as well. Any advice would be helpful.

I have read you can possibly save the life of these for a little while using JB weld and not sure if anybody has had much luck.

rosenfe
i just had my throttle body butterfly rod rebushed.it was sticking on acceleratio,.maybe that would make butterfly seat better.cost me 100 at local carb repair shop
bdstone914
That is way too much gap. The one I sent has much less.
Bruce
Jeff Hail
No way those are the correct coins for those Tb's. I have never seen that much wear ever. Someone put a dime where a quarter should go.
Larmo63
That doesn't look right at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.