Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Engine Lid Buffer/Rubber Stop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Does anyone know where to get the engine lid buffer stops?
Part #91455925310 is NLA from Porsche I need two of them
Is there any thing else I can use ??
Thanks,914
euro911
Try Pelican. Older BMWs and VWs also uses them too.
pete000
Stoddard has them, it is a 356 part number. There is a thread on here about this topic.
914werke
I have one smile.gif
Mikey914
I make them. You will need the metal.
Thanks everyone for the replys..It the two bumpers that go on the engine lid hinge brackets,they keep the engine lid from hitting the targa bar.I think tho one you are talking about keeps the engine lid from hitting while the rear trunk is in the opened position.The part #91455925310 it requires two.Any help would really appreciated
AgainThanks Lot,Alan
euro911
I thought this is what you were looking for: Decklid Stop Buffer

For keeping the engine lid and rear trunk lid from rattling. $1.75 @ Pelican
PCA7GGR
I believe that what he is referring to are the rubber pieces that mount on the engine lid hinge.

In making GT lids, I try to reuse them but they are often dry/brittle and break when I remove them to refurbish the lids. So I often resort to using the aftermarket black "bumpers". When I can not source the black ones, I us the white ones - I dye them black with a permanent marker and them mount them with a screw and speed nut.

I too would appreciate know a source for the stock piece. Thanks

Click to view attachment
pete000
http://www.stoddard.com/356-1/cables-pedal...423-528-00.html

It is a 356 part, but the same as the bumpers used on the 914 lid hinges...
Thanks everyone for the reply's and PM's Attached is a picture of what the the bumper looks like on my "4" Are they available NOS?
These closeup shots really show everything..But its a clean "4" I need them for my "6"..
Thanks,914Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
euro911
As Pete stated, Stoddard carries them and Pelican carries the same Stoddard brand as well

Part # 901-423-528-00 Pedal Buffer $6.05 each. Click here

With a 901 prefix they would be a 911 part
Again Thanks to everyone for the reply's & PM's
jsh
It is the same as the bumper on my 68 VW. I took some that fit off a Mazda and a Civic at my local junk yard.
two914-6s
Auto Atlanta has them they are hard to install, but they are just like OEM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.