Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling the Tin Man
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I have a '74 1.8. If I recall (no other 914 handy to look at) there should be tin below the p. rod tubes, above the heat exchangers. How many pieces do I need? One for each side? Or are there more?

Also, it appears I am missing something on the top side where the tin duct connects to the fan shroud , second pic (also missing on the other side). Yes?
Porsche Rescue
Pic 2
Reiche
I think the tins you are missing are called the "warm air guides." They help the engine stay warm in colder climates. They are nice to have when it's cold (they help keep the thermostat open) but not absolutely necessary.

The air channels attach to the fan plenum with rectangular plates that have nuts welded to them. Gotta have those. Also, it's good to have the small flappers on the plenum outlets.
sixnotfour
Here ya go
sixnotfour
and
Porsche Rescue
Thanks, I think I can find 11 and 12 locally. 17 and 18 may be a problem. Anyone got 'em laying around? Small enough to mail I think. I do Paypal!
DJsRepS
I hope your clutch is not swiming in gear oil. Looks like the front tranny seal may be leaking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.