Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy new car......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IN RANGE inc.
We just got it home yesterday and it on the lift. It's a 74 2.0 with a Chalon kit. Got it in a trade so gonna make a DD out of it. Needs different things. Two barrel has to go for a set of duals. It was missing the left rear brake caliper. Of course it will need a battery and both door handles need work. I have made MONSTER HP with a type one motor. Dabbled with a few type fours. My first 914 though. Think I'll leave this motor stock and drive it. Gonna make a neat car. 1980s stripes and wheels gotta go though. LOL !!

Troy

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
76-914
welcome.png If the engine is still in it's stock configuration you might want to consider going back to FI. It will make for a better DD, IMHO.
aharder
welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
welcome.png
IN RANGE inc.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 28 2014, 04:05 PM) *

welcome.png If the engine is still in it's stock configuration you might want to consider going back to FI. It will make for a better DD, IMHO.

I've thought about it but I have the carbs and I'm used to the duals from the type one world.
Elliot Cannon
Keep the carbs. FI is for wimps. av-943.gif welcome.png
76-914
That's an acronym for "Wise investment, makes perfect sense." poke.gif But then again what do you expect from a freight pilot.
rick 918-S
Don't listen to the wise guys. welcome.png Duel carbs will work but F.I. is best with the stock cam. The profile is designed for injection.
pcar916
welcome.png Hope you have lots of fun with that machine!
r_towle
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 28 2014, 07:38 PM) *

That's an acronym for "Wise investment, makes perfect sense." poke.gif But then again what do you expect from a freight pilot.

Is it really an acronymn?
Chris Pincetich
Dude, the 1980s are super cool right now. Get some Ray Bans and own it. beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 28 2014, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 28 2014, 07:38 PM) *

Is it really an acronymn?

Bingo! biggrin.gif
bakerj
Only thing that would make that car any cooler is a spoiler fabbed out of krink stocks ar15.gif welcome.png Click to view attachment
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif

Johny Blackstain
welcome.png
IN RANGE inc.
QUOTE(bakerj @ Nov 30 2014, 07:17 AM) *

Only thing that would make that car any cooler is a spoiler fabbed out of krink stocks ar15.gif welcome.png Click to view attachment

Somebody been Checking me out? Lol !!!!
bakerj
Lol, hardly... You did some awesome builds for me years ago.. Still running like a sewing machine..just louder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.