Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cog's Cogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Has anyone had experience with using Cog's Cogs in Cleveland GA for a transmission rebuild or exchange with core?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 28 2014, 04:55 PM) *

Has anyone had experience with using Cog's Cogs in Cleveland GA for a transmission rebuild or exchange with core?

Joe has the credentials, but the prices seem kinda low. I just did one that only needed a couple of bearings and the parts at cost were more than they charge for a rebuild. Might wanna talk to Dr. Evil. He's around here somewhere ...

The Cap'n
old914dog
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 28 2014, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 28 2014, 04:55 PM) *

Joe has the credentials, but the prices seem kinda low. I just did one that only needed a couple of bearings and the parts at cost were more than they charge for a rebuild. Might wanna talk to Dr. Evil. He's around here somewhere ...

The Cap'n

I recently purchased the main 6 bearings in a 901, race only box. First time in a long time I have felt a box turn that smoothly and quietly. Time will tell regarding reliability. He was willing to help, but he did sell a $$$$ of bearings.
Jake Raby
Google Joe Cogbill.....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 28 2014, 07:31 PM) *

Google Joe Cogbill.....

Not pretty. Now that I've looked into this, I remember a bad deal that went down with me as the buyer. Long time ago. Call Dr. Evil ...

The Cap'n
Johny Blackstain
hmmmm... Cogswell or Spacely? biggrin.gif
HAM Inc
He's a first class douche bag, a crook, a weasel who doesn't pay his bills and I have the honor of being the guy who actually persevered in a criminal case against him after he pulled a gun on me when I tried to collect a bill.
Other than that he's great to do business with.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Nov 28 2014, 09:32 PM) *

hmmmm... Cogswell or Spacely? biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
When you have Dr Evil around.... be patient and build your own.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Nov 30 2014, 04:44 PM) *

He's a first class douche bag, a crook, a weasel who doesn't pay his bills and I have the honor of being the guy who actually persevered in a criminal case against him after he pulled a gun on me when I tried to collect a bill.

The best part is he watches these forums... Last time I called him out here he made the mistake of calling me on the phone to "clarify" what I said. It was on!

We are in the same small town. A couple years ago I was mistakened for him when I parked my black Carrera at the grocery store. A guy that he had obviously "done some business with" over the net or phone approached me and called me a "son of a bitch" and asked me some very interesting questions and made some serious accusations...

There are no other Porsches here and that's not the first time I was called out after being mistaken as "the cog".
jack20
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 30 2014, 06:08 PM) *

The best part is he watches these forums... Last time I called him out here he made the mistake of calling me on the phone to "clarify" what I said. It was on!

We are in the same small town. A couple years ago I was mistakened for him when I parked my black Carrera at the grocery store. A guy that he had obviously "done some business with" over the net or phone approached me and called me a "son of a bitch" and asked me some very interesting questions and made some serious accusations...

There are no other Porsches here and that's not the first time I was called out after being mistaken as "the cog".

Thanks for all o the very interesting and informative responses.
Jach20
HAM Inc
QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 30 2014, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 30 2014, 06:08 PM) *

Thanks for all o the very interesting and informative responses.
Jach20

You're welcome. Glad to inform anyone I can that this guy is not to be trusted, no matter how much he seems to know or his racing successes.
John
He did get us a ring and pinion for a 915 gearbox that was in good shape (it's still in the track car).

He did never deliver any of the shims that I ordered from him. (I sourced them from other places)

Other than that one experience, I don't know anything else about him. After he never delivered any of the shims, I doubt I would do any further business with him.
veekry9
Justintime delivery of titanium shear plates in a 6hr window 14 months after receiving go-word.
CrossContinent to LA.
Done.For decades.
Lockheed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.