Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlanta area paint resoration/detail expert?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Wondering if anyone knows of a great paint/detail person who I can trust with giving my '96 twin turbo and '73 914 original paint cars a gentle and top notch paint "cleaning". Both cars are original paint and in excellent condition but both also have very slight scratches from years of buffing/cleaning. Would love to find someone who really knows paint and can do a gentle but effective cleaning and buffing of the paint to a more "as new" appearance.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Mikey914
Check with your local dealer, most have body shop contacts if they don't do in house. That's how I located the shop I use.
scotty b
you either want a high end body shop ( not collision or average resto ) or better yet, a high end detailer. Given the car culture in Atl there should be plenty of detailers down there. I would suggest going to some car shows and seeing who sets up a display, THEN ask around about that person. We have one guy here that sets up a nice display, but is well known within the community for being a bit of a charlatan, so the display shouldn't be your only guide.
Cairo94507
Definitely use someone who comes with a personal referral from an actual Porsche owner who has used their services. There are a bunch of people out there claiming to be detailers who know almost zip about paint restoration.
ripper911
I don't know much about them, but there is a new paint / body shop right around the corner from my house that has had a few Porsches in the short time that they've been there, they must have already had a good reputation. There's been a couple of 914's, 356's, and older 911's that I've seen already.
Jake Raby
I have a local guy that does my personal cars. He has a "regular" body shop, and does some other work himself at one of his two locations. If you are willing to go 2 hrs north of Atlanta, where things are a lot different, I can hook you up with him.

He just finished my '92 500E and has my 356 there now, repairing the hood after I screwed it up assembling the car!
914Next
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 29 2014, 11:15 PM) *

I have a local guy that does my personal cars. He has a "regular" body shop, and does some other work himself at one of his two locations. If you are willing to go 2 hrs north of Atlanta, where things are a lot different, I can hook you up with him.

He just finished my '92 500E and has my 356 there now, repairing the hood after I screwed it up assembling the car!

Thanks. Appreciate the thought but I'd like to stay closer to Atlanta if possible. Thanks to everyone else for your comments also. I agree that its important to get personal recommendations which is why I started here. I'll maybe also check out Caffeine and Octane to talk to a few people with some of the cars there. Going to take my time finding someone good. I think I'll let them start with my original '68 f100 pickup and if they handle that well they can move on to the Porsche's.
D1A3
check out Scot Dargis in Roswell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.