Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine question - identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cambum4
I have three engines that came out of 914's. Tired of stepping over them and in process of cleaning them up to sell. 2 of the blocks have EA stamps - pretty sure these are 1.7 blocks, EA082029 and EA044082.

The third one is on the one that's stumping me. It does not have a stamp at all but have a tag riveted to the case by the rectangular oil fill hole.

The tag has 5573 AP 440718 Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SixerJ
Surely an engine rebuilders stamp? But why
ndfrigi
I acquired an engine also along with the 71 1.7 I bought and has that tag also under the oil filler where 2.0 engine number is located. On the rear block towards transmission it only has letter "W" stamp.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Another picture of the engine

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(cambum4 @ Nov 29 2014, 09:26 AM) *

It looks like there is a number stamp peeking out from under the rebuilder's tag, so I'd suggest drilling out those rivets & see what's under there!

The rebuilders must do that to ID their engines for whatever warranty the offer, but why they cover the original engine case # is beyond me, unless they're trying to sell a VW Bus 2L case as a 914 one!!?? dry.gif

shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.