Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Crank Case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
VWTortuga336
I'm not picky, just need a case to replace mine that's all kinds of screwed up.
72914S
I`ve got one But as I recall it should be checked might need line bored. Oil galleys have been taped. $75.00 plus shipping.
cambum4
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 29 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Are you still looking for a case, I have two?

Bill
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(cambum4 @ Nov 29 2014, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 29 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Are you still looking for a case, I have two?

Bill

Yep, I'm still in the market.
pilothyer
This is history.
pilothyer
GONE - SOLD
pilothyer
over
pilothyer
over
pilothyer
nla
pilothyer
over
pilothyer
GONE
Looks good. .I have a few questions. How did you check/ know that it's within spec? Also no asking $. Thanks
pilothyer
QUOTE(396 @ Nov 30 2014, 05:03 PM) *

Looks good. .I have a few questions. How did you check/ know that it's within spec? Also no asking $. Thanks

I had it measured at a VW specialty Machine shop. They used various bore gauges to measure mains, cam and lifter bores. the thrust was also measured. The cylinder decks were checked. All aspects of this case were deemed good. Their comments were that it is rare to see a type 4 case that needed a line bore, and rare to see other type VW cases that didn't. Also that I was lucky to not need to have the case decked. I priced this case at $125.00 plus shipping.
cambum4
I have this case - The number is EA082029. It is only disassembled without any major work done. $50 plus shipping from WV 26726 or pick up.Click to view attachment, I can supply more pics if interested.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(cambum4 @ Nov 30 2014, 07:35 PM) *

I have this case - The number is EA082029. It is only disassembled without any major work done. $50 plus shipping from WV 26726 or pick up.Click to view attachment, I can supply more pics if interested.

Can you please let me know shipping costs to 64029? I'd imagine the studs will have to be removed to make shipping reasonable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.