Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Carb Cam & Lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
VWTortuga336
I'm looking to buy a cam that is compatible with dual carbs. A matching set of lifters would be nice as well.
stugray
I have a used Raby cam with matching lifters never ran.

The lift was too high for my build (>.55), so for a street car, the cam would need to be reground.
But LN eng or webcam could regrind it for you.
If you went through LN, they might just swap it out for a fee or have it reground to one of the other type-IV store (Raby) profiles.

I'll have to see what it is worth.
EdwardBlume
I have a brand new Webcam 73 and matching lifters NIB. Was going to carbs with a 2056 and changed my mind to stay with FI. Cam is already attached to good gear drive.

VWTortuga336
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 30 2014, 04:53 PM) *

I have a brand new Webcam 73 and matching lifters NIB. Was going to carbs with a 2056 and changed my mind to stay with FI. Cam is already attached to good gear drive.

How much are you asking for everything?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 30 2014, 03:23 PM) *

I misspoke. The 73 Cam is a FI replacement. I have an 86 cam NIB which is for carbs.

The gear looks new and is mounted which saves you as well.

I'll PM you with a price if you are still interested. Thx

VWTortuga336
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 30 2014, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 30 2014, 03:23 PM) *

I misspoke. The 73 Cam is a FI replacement. I have an 86 cam NIB which is for carbs.

The gear looks new and is mounted which saves you as well.

I'll PM you with a price if you are still interested. Thx

PM sent
EdwardBlume
Deleted
EdwardBlume
Deleted
VWTortuga336
icon_bump.gif Still in the market
Mark Henry
Unless you can find new with matching lifters, like RobW has, I wouldn't even mess with this. Totally false economy if you have a used cam go flat in you new engine. There has been a huge percentage of cams go flat in the last 10+ years.
Also not matching the cam to your driving needs, just because you saved a couple of bucks, is just plain dumb.
Buy a new one with matching lifters.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 3 2014, 10:13 AM) *

Unless you can find new with matching lifters, like RobW has, I wouldn't even mess with this. Totally false economy if you have a used cam go flat in you new engine. There has been a huge percentage of cams go flat in the last 10+ years.
Also not matching the cam to your driving needs, just because you saved a couple of bucks, is just plain dumb.
Buy a new one with matching lifters.

Thanks for your input, that's exactly what I'm looking for biggrin.gif
VWTortuga336
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.