Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb assembled universal joint for shifter and high flow oil pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ruste356
Looking for a pre assembled shifter universal joint (the one at the firewall) and a steel high flow oil pump. Bushings should be new or newer in the universal joint. Also, a 914 steering wheel to Nardi wheel adapter would be nice. Thanks.
bdstone914
I have several shift couplers. They need new bushings. I could buy them and install the bushings but the coupler pin has to be pressed it to the rear shift bar.
ruste356
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 29 2014, 04:17 PM) *

I have several shift couplers. They need new bushings. I could buy them and install the bushings but the coupler pin has to be pressed it to the rear shift bar.

I see what you mean now. My housing is good I was just worried about supporting it if I put in new bushings. Guess I would need the whole rod if I didn't just take the chance. Mt pin is very rusty and I was afraid of pressing it out. I'm used to those on a 356 where the pin doesn't need to be pressed out if you have busings installed Thanks
euro911
You can clean up the pin with a crocus cloth then press it out ... or take it and the new bushings to a machine shop to have it done.
ruste356
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.