Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
So the old racecar (that I sold a few years ago) had a Sparco Evo II seat was bolted directly to the floor and it fit my big bootyshake.gif just fine. My street / AX car I have the GTS Classics LeMans seat. Works great, but the head rest is to thick and forces my head forward when I have my helmet on. I remove the heard rest when Axing.

The new 73 track day /AX car currently has just a stock seat in it. I would like to find something like the old Evo II seat I had, but I want to be able to use the stock seat tracks. I will have a co-driver and need to be able adjust the seat.

So what are you guys using?
Randal
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 29 2014, 07:57 PM) *

So the old racecar (that I sold a few years ago) had a Sparco Evo II seat was bolted directly to the floor and it fit my big bootyshake.gif just fine. My street / AX car I have the GTS Classics LeMans seat. Works great, but the head rest is to thick and forces my head forward when I have my helmet on. I remove the heard rest when Axing.

The new 73 track day /AX car currently has just a stock seat in it. I would like to find something like the old Evo II seat I had, but I want to be able to use the stock seat tracks. I will have a co-driver and need to be able adjust the seat.

For autoxing Kirkey is my choice. Keeps you from moving around. With 5 or 6 point belts even better.

For the street, nah.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Randal @ Nov 29 2014, 10:18 PM) *

For autoxing Kirkey is my choice. Keeps you from moving around. With 5 or 6 point belts even better.

For the street, nah.

Is your seat adjustable? Is it mounted to the stock seat rails?
J P Stein
Sure, just remove the seat mounted rails from your stock seat & bolt it to your Kirkey.
Randal
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 29 2014, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Nov 29 2014, 10:18 PM) *

For the street, nah.

Is your seat adjustable? Is it mounted to the stock seat rails?

Mine is bolted to the floor as I wanted it as low as possible. But you could mount it to the standard seat carrier, just a bit of fabrication. Also I think Kirkey has a movable mount.
GaroldShaffer
What model Kirkey seat did you use?
Randal
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 30 2014, 02:10 PM) *

What model Kirkey seat did you use?

Intermediate road racing seat:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/kir-4750...NEsgaAqrZ8P8HAQ

They also sell a cover.

Seabird
IF you go with the Aluminum Seat option you might want to consider some of those foam pads like Pegasus sells.

If you hunt the web you can find some of the airplane sites that sell it. About half the price but without the protective coating. Feels real confie on the butt.

M
Wegeng_Haus
For thee Sparco seat, I bolted the stock inboard seat rail to the seat, w/3/8" spacers. Then bolted a strip of 3/8" sheet aluminum to the outboard side of the seat (1"-2" wide, can't remember). By setting the seat in the car and measuring, observing and marking withe old Sharpy, I was able to locate and drill holes in the aluminum to mount the stock seat rail, oblonging the holes slightly for adjustment. Lastly, by mounting the stock seat rail to the aluminum bar, with the bolts slightly snug and sliding the seat onto the stock seat slider and moving the seat up and back, the outboard seat rail sought its proper position. Once more out of the car to torque the mounting bolts and presto! It works great with no problems. (Note: I used the aluminum bar on the doorside rail, because this mod does move the seat over a smidge and moving to the tunnel side suited me better. You could just as easily move towards the door side).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.