Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O.T. Olav's 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914 novice
I was going through the" show us your car" thread and noticed this car was on craigslist.Just curious why he woud not of posted it here.914 6
914 novice
Link to Olav's home pageheresame picturehere
Paul
SirAndy
yupp, he tries to sell it once every year ...

i don't think he likes us anymore, no swedish pancakes at the tied house ....
huh.gif Andy
vortrex
I emailed him about the car, said he wants "high $20k's" for it. seems like way too much from the descriptions I have got.
Mark Henry
He had a spat with one of the more prominent members, I haven't seen him around since.
SirAndy
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 1 2005, 07:36 PM)
said he wants "high $20k's" for it.  seems like way too much from the descriptions I have got.

i think $28k was the number ...
original /6, never wrecked, extremely clean, very nice paint, *very* fast 3.2L (275HP i believe), original 2.0L motor in storage, all tricked out suspension, completely rebuild transmission with different gear-set, sway-bars, very nice interior.

i wouldn't sell it for any less myself if it was mine ...
wink.gif Andy
anthony
Rust hole the size of a pencil eraser by the sail panel. Otherwise a nice car.
vortrex
I heard it could use some paint/body work as it has rust bubbling up in parts, that's why i said too much. if it were perfect, than $28k would not be too bad.
SirAndy
last time i saw the car (it's been a year or so) i didn't see any rust. i'm not saying it's not there, just that i missed it.

so it can't be that bad, right?
biggrin.gif Andy
DuckRyder
Look's like a pretty nice car...

Not sure any "regular" 914 is "worth" "high 20's" but it does look nice.

I must have missed the "spat"?
Aaron Cox
i remember the spat.....

anyway....
him and the brad ™
user posted image
vortrex
QUOTE (DuckRyder @ Feb 1 2005, 07:59 PM)

it's far from a "regular" 914.
vortrex
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 07:59 PM)
last time i saw the car (it's been a year or so) i didn't see any rust. i'm not saying it's not there, just that i missed it.

so it can't be that bad, right?
biggrin.gif  Andy

I think the problem is once you start digging into it a pencil eraser size hole it is soon 1". then you have to ask yourself why is it rusting from the inside out in that spot.
SirAndy
olav's car ...

SirAndy
the 3.2L ready to go in ...

SirAndy
voila!

SirAndy
me, making sure the guys are doing it right!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 09:08 PM)

dude... your a scary mofo laugh.gif
DuckRyder
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 2 2005, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (DuckRyder @ Feb 1 2005, 07:59 PM)

it's far from a "regular" 914.

I knew I should have defined "regular 914"

Regular 914 in my context means "Not a GT" "Not 916" "Not a racing car with History" in other words, a "Regular 914". biggrin.gif

But it looks in the pictures like one of those cars thats worth what someone will pay.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 1 2005, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 09:08 PM)

dude... your a scary mofo laugh.gif

naaa, all germans look like that! biggrin.gif

you should see me when i'm angry ...
huh.gif Andy

PS: i think i have a pic somewhere ...
McMark
I've ridden in this car. All I can say is that it's an absolute

M O N S T E R !!!!!

Worth every penny. This car is the epitome of 914s IMHO.
olav

You guys are funny.

Anyway, it's either put more money into it because I have plans for the car or just sell it.

I'm always on the fence. The car is great. I love it. One-of-a-kind.

There is a rust hole but it's not bad. If I keep the car I'll repair it. That's next on the list.

I want to flair the rear so I can put 8" 16's on it and stiffen the body too.

That would be cool.

I drove my friends Lotus Elise and this car blows it away in every respect. More personality,more room, more power, more modifieable.

Not sure about the funny rumors regarding a "spat" though. Just there's no more Swedish pancakes.
SirAndy
dude... your a scary mofo   laugh.gif

ha! this is a gud one ... biggrin.gif
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 08:07 PM)
the 3.2L ready to go in ...

Hey, Nice try. That's not my engine, it doesn't have the crank fire ignition.
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 1 2005, 08:26 PM)

actually, that *is* your engine ... biggrin.gif

the pic was taken when it came into the shop, not when it was ready to go into your car, i mixed up the sequence ...
cool.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
hey...the great one grace us with his presence smile.gif
krk
I've seen the car twice I think -- I thought it looked sweet. ("Hi Olav! smile.gif")

kim.
olav

Andy,

That's good to know.

Hi Kim, et al.

Just thought I'd drop in and try to help out here. Didn't want anything to get out of control.

-Olav
Meredith
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 08:08 PM)

Are you wearing shorts and black socks?*

*If you answer "yes" truthfully, you give me full permission to make fun of your fashion faux pas. rolleyes.gif
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 1 2005, 08:26 PM)

actually, that *is* your engine ... biggrin.gif

the pic was taken when it came into the shop, not when it was ready to go into your car, i mixed up the sequence ...
cool.gif Andy

Hey Andy,

I guess the fan shroud, where the serial number to the engine is, was changed because the first picture is silver and my engine is black. Also, I guess my engine didn't have the fiber engine shroud and it was added later.

Also, my fan is black and the engine in the picture is silver.

I guess a lot was changed.
jimtab
I've never ridden in Olav's car but I have been behind it when it evaporated into the distance, I think it's probably a VERY good car...fast for SURE
rick 918-S
Fix it and keep it. We missed you here. Your car rocks!
914werke
I agree it looks sweet smilie_pokal.gif Get off the fence ..fix it and keep it. clap.gif
naaa, all germans look like that!

Hey I resemble that remark w00t.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 1 2005, 09:45 PM)

hmmm, now you got me thinking ...

i took all those pictures on one memory card, so they had to be close (timewise) maybe a week or two max.
i don't recall any other /6 engine with webbers at the shop around that time except the 3.6 race motor, and that one looks different ...

i'm pretty sure it's yours ...
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (Meredith @ Feb 1 2005, 09:42 PM)
Are you wearing shorts and black socks?*

*If you answer "yes" truthfully, you give me full permission to make fun of your fashion faux pas.  :rolleyes:

yes!
orange shorts with camouflaged tanks printed on them, black socks and black 14 hole NPS-BOOTS.

what you see is the top of the boots ...
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: i made the pic on the first page a bit lighter, so you can see the boots more clearly ...
fiid
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 1 2005, 08:18 PM)

I drove my friends Lotus Elise and this car blows it away in every respect. More personality,more room, more power, more modifieable.

Dammit! mad.gif Not what we want to hear. We need to hear:

Drove my friend's lotus elise, and it felt slightly lighter than my 914, but a little slower.  I would recommend keeping your 914 and doing the requisite upgrades.

Life was simple before the elise was available. headbang.gif I'm starting to lose the will to finish my project.....
vortrex
I think he is saying the 914-6 is better than the elise.
914 novice
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 1 2005, 11:18 PM)
I think he is saying the 914-6 is better than the elise.

agree.gif
914 novice
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 1 2005, 07:36 PM)
said he wants "high $20k's" for it.  seems like way too much from the descriptions I have got.

i think $28k was the number ...
original /6, never wrecked, extremely clean, very nice paint, *very* fast 3.2L (275HP i believe), original 2.0L motor in storage, all tricked out suspension, completely rebuild transmission with different gear-set, sway-bars, very nice interior.

i wouldn't sell it for any less myself if it was mine ...
wink.gif Andy

I am envious of the fact that he built the car that he wanted.unfortunately the BJ auction was full of cars that did not bring the money that was invested.Quite clearly a nice car!
Didn't mean to start any trouble.Maybe this will help sell the car.
Good luck!!,Paul
Bleyseng
Truely a beautiful 914/6, so I don't think anyone here can bash it. I worked on it once when Brad had that Suspension Tech event at SSI. Worth everypenny of a high 20's price.

Geoff biggrin.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 11:08 PM)

You gotta be that mean looking to be able to wear those shorts... otherwise someone's gonna try to kick your ass. chair.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
vortrex
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 2 2005, 06:58 AM)
Truely a beautiful 914/6, so I don't think anyone here can bash it. I worked on it once when Brad had that Suspension Tech event at SSI. Worth everypenny of a high 20's price.

Geoff biggrin.gif

I don't think anyone here is "bashing" it. obviously it's a very nice car. however I do believe if this car was not owned by a member people would be a little more critical of the asking price. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Nope, I have seen the car in person but I don't know Olav other than I shook his hand and said "Hi". I have seen other high 20's 914's and do give my honest take on them.

Geoff
olav

Well, my wife says I should keep it because I've put so much into it and we have fun at car shows with it.

I just want to keep doing shit to it like needle bearings and a 915 tranny and and and to infinity.

I can't stop!

Anyway, the 914-6 is better, IMHO, than the Elise.

I wasn't impressed with the ELise.

After I got out of the Elise and into my car I stoked up the flat six and went, ahhh that's what I like to hear. Then rocketed away with my head pinned to the back seat.

I've got the stock steering wheel and it was more responsive that the Elises littler steering wheel, I think I'll geta Momo and see what that feels like.

SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 2 2005, 06:32 PM)
like needle bearings

oh, trust me, you want those ...

drooley.gif Andy
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 2 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 2 2005, 06:32 PM)
like needle bearings

oh, trust me, you want those ...

drooley.gif Andy

Yah, they're on or near the top of the list.

Ahhh...It never stops. I'm just going to give in now that I have a garage where I can work on the car.
fiid
I'm such a dumbass. I really ought to try reading before I post sometime.

Me == screwy.gif

Needle bearings are really good.

Do you think your 914 is quicker than the elise? Would you have any handling comparisons? How many Gs could we get out of a streetable 914?? They claim 1.06 for the elise..?

Why are you thinking of selling your 914 again?

Fiid.
Mueller
saw a red Elise in Redwood City yesterday.....nice looking car.....been in Olav's 914 once...car flat out hauls...loved every minute of it.....
Bleyseng
I didn't get to ride in Olav's 914/6 as it was all apart. I have driven a 3.2l and it was scary fast! I can't imagine the Elise is that fast!

Geoff
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 1 2005, 09:45 PM)

hmmm, now you got me thinking ...

i took all those pictures on one memory card, so they had to be close (timewise) maybe a week or two max.
i don't recall any other /6 engine with webbers at the shop around that time except the 3.6 race motor, and that one looks different ...

i'm pretty sure it's yours ...
idea.gif Andy

Andy,

I think that is my old original 2.2l motor. If fact it is! I was looking at it the other day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.