Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is swapping weber 40 idtp's for my zenith 40 tin's justified?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I posted something a little bit ago about wether I should change the zenith carbs on the 2.2l e engine which I am going to use on my /6 conversion.

I am going to represent my issue in a different way. My engine comes with zenith carbs but I found a set of reasonably priced weber idta's. Most people originally said get the zeniths working and go from there. I know very little about zeniths.

The reason that I am interested in webers is cause I am very familiar with weber idf's and I have a million parts, jets, vents for the idf. From what I understand Idf's are similar to idtp's.

So- considering that I understand webers better, I have parts and parts are readily available- is paying $700 for webers justified (yes I'll have to rebuild them but I will also with the zeniths)
roblav1
$700 for a pair of Weber 40IDT3C's is cheap today. But the IDT's are slightly different than the the IDA's, and IMHO, are not as good, especially for an E. The drilled holes in the progression circuit are different. Since the Webers spend a very lot of time at progression, it is important enough to think about your choice before springing for them. I'd make the Zeniths work before buying IDT's.
Wdunster
Running Zeniths on my 2.4E no complaints at all. Easy to adjust and rebuild kits are still available. I changed over from Mechanical injection(worn out) and had a noticeable performance increase.
Cap'n Krusty
I ran Zeniths on my 2.4 with S pistons and Solex cams for over 10 years without a problem.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.