Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 GT trun hood pin kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 914/6 GT
Hello, New to this Forum I am looing for the trunk pin kit for my 916/6 GT Thanks beerchug.gif
campbellcj
welcome.png

I got a kit from Mittelmotor in Germany. Expensive but good quality. You could get the pins from someplace like Pegasus and fabricate the backing plates out of stainless sheet metal. If you have the skills and time that would save quite a bit of money.

IPB Image

With this kit I still had to fabricate the mounts. I did it like this, with some aluminum stock riveted in place below the weatherstrip channel. No idea how the factory or other people solved this.

IPB Image
1970 914/6 GT
Thank you for your help !!! piratenanner.gif
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 1 2014, 09:56 PM) *

welcome.png

I got a kit from Mittelmotor in Germany. Expensive but good quality. You could get the pins from someplace like Pegasus and fabricate the backing plates out of stainless sheet metal. If you have the skills and time that would save quite a bit of money.

With this kit I still had to fabricate the mounts. I did it like this, with some aluminum stock riveted in place below the weatherstrip channel. No idea how the factory or other people solved this.

johnhora
I have these available...they are alloy pins with stainless plates and cad plated locking clips.
Two are used and one is new.
$21 shipped for all

Click to view attachment
DBCooper
Is your hood Alaska Blue, by any chance? If so I'd trade you an Alaska Blue hood already drilled for the pins, plus the pins, for a hood that's undrilled.

stugray
I went with a non-traditional carbon fiber backing plate instead of the metal: (seemed appropriate for a FG hood).

IPB Image

The pins were just SS bolts from Ace.
Eric_Shea
I have a factory style kit if you're looking for that. Bevelled stainless steel.

Click to view attachment
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Hey Eric- I don't see these on your website (thought they would be under the Rennbits category). Can you direct me to price, etc?
Thanks!
Andrew
1970 914/6 GT
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 2 2014, 09:28 AM) *

I have a factory style kit if you're looking for that. Bevelled stainless steel.

Yes ,I would like a set how do I get one ? Thanks Scott
1970 914/6 GT
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 2 2014, 07:51 AM) *

Is your hood Alaska Blue, by any chance? If so I'd trade you an Alaska Blue hood already drilled for the pins, plus the pins, for a hood that's undrilled.
I have a yellow 1970 in great condition ?
1970 914/6 GT
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 2 2014, 09:28 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes ,I would like them Could you give me a pm or contact me. I am not sure how to get a hold of you ,Thank you...
1970 914/6 GT
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 2 2014, 08:06 AM) *

I went with a non-traditional carbon fiber backing plate instead of the metal: (seemed appropriate for a FG hood).

IPB Image

The pins were just SS bolts from Ace.

Looks good I am going original ,Thanks though
ben*james
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 2 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Those are cool shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
Are four pins overkill? Can you get by with just the two front ones?
ConeDodger
Mine are essentially the PMB Kit, though it's an early proto...
Larmo63
Most of the true GT cars that raced had fiberglass hoods and the factory thought (They ARE German after all) that the hood needed the two rear ones for extra safety.

smilie_flagge6.gif "Suspenders AND a belt."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.