Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Bleeders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Anyone use Russell Speed Bleeders? Seem pretty cheap...

bleeders
Rusty
If they're like the originals... it's a good deal.
Joe Bob
Whose do you use?
Rusty
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Excellent product. Family owned business and decent people to talk to on the phone if you have questions.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Joe Bob
Bring them to the Long Beach/Euro/Post Dunkel's thing....I'll let you gimme beer too.... wacko.gif
DJsRepS
When the bleeder is loosened the threads are not sealed cant it suck a little air around the theads when the bleeder is not tightened for bleeding. Most bleeders are loose fitting threads mine wiggle alot when loosened. Im not saying those speed bleaders dont work I just dont think they work perfect. Altho by the time you walk around the car to shut it any little air that sucked up the threads would most gravity bleed its self back out anyway.
iamchappy
The threads have a coating that seals them time and time again, the bleeders work great, the quickest and simplest solution I have found. I imagine the sealing compound on the threads will eventually break down, then I will buy another set.
Joe Bob
Sammy....I will be staying at Mom's in Orange County and bringing Frankenstealth...where's the AX at?
Joe Bob
Lawrence....don't see any listings for pre 79 Porsches....got any references for 65 Cs or for the 914s?
Rhodes71/914
Mike I just went to there site and the 914-4 was listed.

My question is if you have the double bleeders on the rear brakes do you need two sets for the rear?
Joe Bob
The two 914s I have...use either BMW or 911 brakes....was just curious about STOCK 914 ones....but I would like a set for the 356 brakes....at least for the rears. I am going to a custom vented rotor/Volvo caliper set up for the fronts....
Rusty
Call them... they have a lot of info not on their website. The SpeedBleeders for my Wrangler weren't on the website, but they dropped a couple sets in the mail to me.

-Rusty smoke.gif
mike_the_man
I've got the SpeedBleeder type and they work good. Much easier than having somebody opening and closing the bleeders for you.

When I bought mine, I found that they were actually cheaper at PP then buying them directly from the SpeedBleeder website. Something to consider.

Yup, just checked, and they're $12.45 a pair from PP, or $7.00 each from the SpeedBleeder website.

Rusty
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Feb 2 2005, 11:50 AM)
I've got the SpeedBleeder type and they work good. Much easier than having somebody opening and closing the bleeders for you.

When I bought mine, I found that they were actually cheaper at PP then buying them directly from the SpeedBleeder website. Something to consider.

Yup, just checked, and they're $12.45 a pair from PP, or $7.00 each from the SpeedBleeder website.

The people and service at Speedbleeder are great. I'll give them my money.

It's worth the few extra pennies for less hassle.
andys
I have seen two types of designs. Speedbleeder's have the check valve contained within the bleeder body. The other design (it may be the Russel, I just don't recall off-hand), has the check valve ball extending beyond the bleeder housing, and seats against the caliper. The latter design would be less suseptable to any incidental air getting sucked back into the system.......Though in reality, I doubt that's a real problem.

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.