Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car was excepted to Amelia Island Cars and Coffee!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vw_porsche
My car was excepted to Amelia Island Cars and Coffee!!
Is there anyone else going to this event? If so, I'd like to park together if possible. Lets try and get a big turn out!
mgp4591
QUOTE(vw_porsche @ Dec 2 2014, 07:15 PM) *

Is there anyone else going to this event? If so, I'd like to park together if possible. Lets try and get a big turn out!

Most cars are excepted... but if your car is accepted, that's exceptional! Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif
BK911
Congrats!! Any pics you could share?
tumamilhem
ME! And I live here so anybody coming we can organize a meet up first and 914 up together! biggrin.gif
vw_porsche
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 3 2014, 12:47 AM) *

QUOTE(vw_porsche @ Dec 2 2014, 07:15 PM) *

Most cars are excepted... but if your car is accepted, that's exceptional! Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif

HAHA That's what my email said... "excepted" huh.gif
vw_porsche
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 3 2014, 12:58 PM) *

ME! And I live here so anybody coming we can organize a meet up first and 914 up together! biggrin.gif

LETS DO IT!! Just name a place and time. aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
Congratulations! Remember, Excellence was Accepted!
aktion035.gif
tumamilhem
I am planning to organize a meet up. I figured since I live here, I'd take the reigns on that. The meet up will be early as we have to have our cars (all 200-300 need to be parked on the course) early as the show starts at 9 AM. I'm considering welcoming everybody to my house then trek up JTB to 9A to Hecksire Drive to Amelia. It's a pretty drive through the intracoastal to the coast. Or we could meet for breakfast first. I'll start a thread about this and post the link here for everybody attending. Also will include nearby hotels for out of towners.
vw_porsche
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 3 2014, 04:49 PM) *

I am planning to organize a meet up. I figured since I live here, I'd take the reigns on that. The meet up will be early as we have to have our cars (all 200-300 need to be parked on the course) early as the show starts at 9 AM. I'm considering welcoming everybody to my house then trek up JTB to 9A to Hecksire Drive to Amelia. It's a pretty drive through the intracoastal to the coast. Or we could meet for breakfast first. I'll start a thread about this and post the link here for everybody attending. Also will include nearby hotels for out of towners.

That sounds great!! I'm getting even more excited now. piratenanner.gif
Dave_Darling
Since when do you have to be "excepted" for a Cars and Coffee? I thought the whole point of those was just to show up at some coffee shop and BS for a while?

--DD
vw_porsche
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 3 2014, 07:00 PM) *

Since when do you have to be "excepted" for a Cars and Coffee? I thought the whole point of those was just to show up at some coffee shop and BS for a while?

--DD

I was told you had to register to enter the cars and coffee event. In the email I got they said I will be getting a decal to put on the windshield to gain access to the golf course.
boxsterfan
My car was "excepted". They said all other 914's can come except mine. drunk.gif
rick 918-S
You guys don't get it. This event is not for the "914's" It's only for the special privileged few. Just wait and see what happens when you try to get into the event. You won't get with in a bus trip.
carr914
I don't know what this Cars & Coffee is, but it is Not the Amelia Island Concours!
scotty b
They hold a cars and coffee meet on the greens early saturday morning before the actual concourse setting up starts, thus it is referred to as the Amelia island cars and coffee. rolleyes.gif We normally go to it, then get grub, then venture down the road to the festival of speed, then go to the auctions.
stevegm
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 3 2014, 04:49 PM) *

Saturday morning? I'm in.
tumamilhem
Let me help top to clarify this event a little. I posted the list of events a while back in a topic I posted but another one got all the attention so mine was overlooked.

The Concours is over 4 days. The first couple days are various individual events, workshops, a tracking event, etc. that are paid for individually.

As far as the car shows go, there are two parts to the Concours. The first, Saturday, is the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee event. This is part of the car show and your car must be registered to be in it. There are usually upwards of 200+ - 300 cars at this event. It goes from 9 Am to 1 PM. This is not a drive in with your car event. Your car must be registered to be in it. It is FREE to register and FREE for the public to attend. So come enjoy.

The second part of the cart show is the Concours show with cars ranging from pre-war to new prototypes. If your car is to be in this event it must be registered also. This event (the main event) is the day after on Sunday and goes all day until about 5 PM.

Event Schedule: https://www.ameliaconcours.org/event-information.aspx
stevegm
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Dec 4 2014, 09:39 AM) *

Let me help top to clarify this event a little. I posted the list of events a while back in a topic I posted but another one got all the attention so mine was overlooked.

The Concours is over 4 days. The first couple days are various individual events, workshops, a tracking event, etc. that are paid for individually.

As far as the car shows go, there are two parts to the Concours. The first, Saturday, is the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee event. This is part of the car show and your car must be registered to be in it. There are usually upwards of 200+ - 300 cars at this event. It goes from 9 Am to 1 PM. This is not a drive in with your car event. Your car must be registered to be in it. It is FREE to register and FREE for the public to attend. So come enjoy.

The second part of the cart show is the Concours show with cars ranging from pre-war to new prototypes. If your car is to be in this event it must be registered also. This event (the main event) is the day after on Sunday and goes all day until about 5 PM.

Thanks. What day are you thinking of doing the meetup?
Larmo63
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 4 2014, 05:00 AM) *

They hold a cars and coffee meet on the greens early saturday morning before the actual concourse setting up starts, thus it is referred to as the Amelia island cars and coffee. rolleyes.gif We normally go to it, then get grub, then venture down the road to the festival of speed, then go to the auctions.

Since we're all over the deviant spellers in this thread, "concourse" is also a glaring infraction.

You're welcome! The Cap'n
tumamilhem
Saturday for the Cars and Coffee and Sunday for the Concours. I'll start a thread one I get some info. Spoke to the Concours office this morning. They are calling me back with some info. Also my neighbor is Bill Warner's assistant and writes up all the histories on all the cars (since the Concours began). Going to get some info from him too. Once I start the thread I'll post the link to it here for people following this thread.
scotty b
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 4 2014, 07:18 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 4 2014, 05:00 AM) *

Since we're all over the deviant spellers in this thread, "concourse" is also a glaring infraction.

You're welcome! The Cap'n

that's rediculous dry.gif
tumamilhem
Link to 914 World Member Meetup/914 Caravan for the Concours d'Elegance:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=246326
malcolm2
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 4 2014, 06:12 AM) *

I don't know what this Cars & Coffee is, but it is Not the Amelia Island Concours!

From the website: https://www.ameliaconcours.org/event-schedule2.aspx
SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2015

Cars & Coffee at the Concours presented by Heacock Classic Car Insurance
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Over 250 classic and exotic cars from local car clubs will be displayed on the 10th and 18th fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island. Vehicles must be pre-registered to participate
Free Admission

Looks like a nice event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.