Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: But all Porsche content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
Last Monday, I'm cleaning off a part of my desk here at the shop that has been a bit out of control for a while. rolleyes.gif I come across a note, not written by me that read, "Don - 911 motor & trans" with a phone number. It had to have been buried under that stack for at least 1.5-2 years. Not remembering getting it or if I called previously, I picked-up the phone and cold called, leaving an awkward message about finding the note etc.

The next day Don called back and said yeah, I still have the motor and trans available. Wincing a bit on my end since I know what they can cost, I asked how much he was asking for them. His reply was, "I'd say they've got to be worth at least $100 for the pair." blink.gif shades.gif aktion035.gif

Needless to say we met last Tuesday night. I brought my friend and the crispiest $100 bill I could find. The motor is a 2.2L out of a '71 911T and is complete from the carbs to the heat exchangers. The carbs are 40mm Zeniths. The motor has been upgraded at some point with hyd chain tensioners and turbo valve covers. It's been sitting in his shop for over 20+ years. It will need a complete rebuild and I'm considering building it up with a 2.7 crank into a 2.4.

The trans is an aluminum cased 901 and by the s/n it's out of a '71 911E or S model.

The trans is going to end-up in my '66 E-Z Camper. If there is a car that NEEDS a 5-speed, it's that one!! The motor,. . . I don't know yet. I have a '65 Notch "S" that I've been dying to cut-up and re-motor into a race car so I'll have to mull that one over. happy11.gif First it'll have to be rebuilt which is no cheap prospect, but time is on my side.

Here's what following-up, some luck and $100 can still get you in this economy: aktion035.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Big Len
Scorsky.
JmuRiz
Killer find, good work!!!
mepstein
thief biggrin.gif

flip it on pelican or s-reg for lots 'o cash
KELTY360
busted_cop.gif

Assume the position punk...you're under arrest for Grand Larceny.

Book him Dan-O.
JRust
Damn dude! That's my kinda deal. Absolutely killer man pray.gif
EdwardBlume
Do have any 3.0 or 3.2 notes on your desk?
SLITS
Wow, you creamed my deal. I paid $300 for the same thing, but not as rusty.
SixerJ
What a score!!

However I would like to pull you on one thing, "First it'll have to be rebuilt which is no cheap prospect"

True, but you probably have just scored at least $2000 towards that rebuild due to the insanely low price! beer.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 3 2014, 01:09 PM) *
Wow, you creamed my deal.

icon8.gif
Cap'n Krusty
That trans has a mag case, not aluminum. Nice score, though.

The Cap'n
7TPorsh
Anyone on the west coast need their desk cleaned?

....pardon me while I headbang.gif
76-914
You my friend, fell into a bucket of shit and came out smelling like a Rose. beerchug.gif Nice score.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.