Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru 5 speed trans vs boxster s 6 speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
Trying to decide what transmission im planning on running.
Ive narrowed it down to the two mentioned. I will be running a 350 HP LS1
Some track time mostly long back road driving.

Boxster s vs 5 spd suby box

Any concerns or comments ?
TurboWalt
Audi O1E
speed metal army
QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Dec 3 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Audi O1E

Anyone done this? beerchug.gif
mgp4591
Subaru STI six speed- supposed to be bulletproof at high horsepower applications. driving.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Dec 4 2014, 05:10 AM) *

QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Dec 3 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Audi O1E

Anyone done this? beerchug.gif

I have a Audi box on one of my cars.
Take a look on the Ford GT40 forum they use a lot of v8 with audi boxes
speed metal army
http://12v.org/urs/charlie_smith/01E/v8info/index.htm
Interesting info
got914?
Yah the sti box would be nice but I should have been more specific. Id be using a 5 speed suby box.
andys
I'm using the Audi 01E in my 914/LS1. Talk to Scott at Advanced Automotion for 2WD transaxles. You'll need an adapter plate/clutch assembly. There's a guy in Texas, and another in OZ that makes them. To my knowledge, Kennedy doesn't make them.

Andys
gryphon68
Was under the impression that the huge majority of engines in the VW family used the same bell housing bolt pattern, which would mean the Kennedy adapters would work for Audi, VW, and Porsche transaxles?

Not sure how much more complicated it might get when you start looking at flywheel/clutch heights . . . .

Kennedy does list an LS to Boxster/Cayman S 6-speed on their website.

Renegade has a 6-speed kit for the 914. I would be shocked if this wasn't just a Boxster/Cayman S unit with a Kennedy adapter. Renegade seems to sell lots of stuff they don't make in house, with a healthy mark up of course.

I'm not sure I've ever heard any mention of an LS to Subaru Trans adapter. The connecting of the engine to the transmission with an adapter is pretty straight forward, the magic is in a workable starter, flywheel, and clutch package.

El Vikingo Tropical
I got my parts from 034motorsport and I have a Audi S4 V8 4.2L conected to a A4 2.5 tdi box E01.
Mike Bellis
I have the Boxster 012 style, 5 speed and a Boxster Getrag 466, 6 speed. I like them both but the 6 speed has better ratios for my torque curve. They have the same final ratio with 80mph @3500 rpm.

They are a direct bolt on to my Audi 1.8T, I'm running around 325hp and they both seem strong however the 6 speed has a bearing going out. This is a common problem with the 466 style tranny.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
partwerks
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 4 2014, 09:33 AM) *

I'm using the Audi 01E in my 914/LS1. Talk to Scott at Advanced Automotion for 2WD transaxles. You'll need an adapter plate/clutch assembly. There's a guy in Texas, and another in OZ that makes them. To my knowledge, Kennedy doesn't make them.

Andys

Is that the dude that did mine for the 5 speed Boxster? Kitcarchassis.com
Farmersville, TX
partwerks
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 4 2014, 09:33 AM) *

Andys

That would be Eric at Kitcarchassis.com
ClayPerrine
I have a g86-21 behind my big 4.0L 964 motor. Love the way it shifts. No issues with ratios, and so far it seems to be bulletproof.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.