Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB/ '73 or '74 914 2.0L, up to 12K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JimFitz33
Looking for a nice clean driver as stock as possible. No project cars please or rust buckets...I just don't have the time for that.
White, Silver are favorites but will consider other colors if they are in great shape.
Prefer 1973, 2.0L with appearance package but will consider nice versions of 74,75 and possibly 76
Thanks for looking out!

Hit me back,
Jim
JimFitz33@gmail.com
billh1963
Good luck in your search. Unfortunately, that ship sailed around 1-2 years ago.

Nice, original No rust '73 2.0 Appearance group cars sell for more than $12k. I had a couple I sold last year... Wish I had held onto them!

Your best best is to watch craigslist...
ww914
QUOTE(JimFitz33 @ Dec 4 2014, 07:23 PM) *

Looking for a nice clean driver as stock as possible. No project cars please or rust buckets...I just don't have the time for that.
White, Silver are favorites but will consider other colors if they are in great shape.
Prefer 1973, 2.0L with appearance package but will consider nice versions of 74,75 and possibly 76
Thanks for looking out!

Hit me back,
Jim
JimFitz33@gmail.com

Jim

Take a look at this one: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=246028
billh1963
Don't forget that early model cars can be just as fun...
JimFitz33
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 5 2014, 06:02 AM) *

Good luck in your search. Unfortunately, that ship sailed around 1-2 years ago.

Nice, original No rust '73 2.0 Appearance group cars sell for more than $12k. I had a couple I sold last year... Wish I had held onto them!

Your best best is to watch craigslist...

Yeah....Craigslist is pretty good that way...and I have a fair amount of luck so...I hear ya though!

I'll keep looking!

What's reasonable for a fairly clean 2.0? 15?
PancakePorsche
We will love having you in the 914 community.
Please be patient and find the right one. The wrong choice will destroy your dream. Real deal 914 seller will not be offended if you look under all 4 floor carpets, check around rear jack points and engine bay with mirror and flashlight. highly recommended to see it up on lift (like any car)
12K is reasonable expectation for a pretty good example plus or minus for condition/mileage. 2.0 is good choice.

Hope you find a great car to enjoy like the rest of us !
JimFitz33
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Dec 5 2014, 10:53 PM) *

We will love having you in the 914 community.
Please be patient and find the right one. The wrong choice will destroy your dream. Real deal 914 seller will not be offended if you look under all 4 floor carpets, check around rear jack points and engine bay with mirror and flashlight. highly recommended to see it up on lift (like any car)
12K is reasonable expectation for a pretty good example plus or minus for condition/mileage. 2.0 is good choice.

Hope you find a great car to enjoy like the rest of us !

You just made my week. Thanks for the encouragement...It will come in handy! I've been searching for months, and like all good things...it just has to come to me.
I appreciate the support...I really do. I've been crushing on these cars for months....crazy!
cpfoster
check out Thesamba.com - there's a '74 2.0L blue driver there for sale for $8K which looked attractive to me. No affiliation, just trying to help.
cpfoster
Just looked at it again - not an appearance group car though, but does look pretty nice -
porsha916
hi, I have a silver 74 914, driver project that I am close to be finishing. If you are interested let me know and you could have a choice of wheels/tires and you could verify condition before carpets and rockers are installed. It has 1.8L heads, with weber carbs and 2.0L badges and the previous owner claimed the engine was modified to 2.3L . I drove it on the trailer and it needs a tuneup, which is next on the list after carpets, trim, rockers, battery tray and re-installing interior. Could be ready for early spring.
Take care
Bill
JimFitz33
QUOTE(cpfoster @ Dec 6 2014, 01:09 AM) *

Just looked at it again - not an appearance group car though, but does look pretty nice -

Yeah...test drove this one briefly...it's a little rough but is still on my radar. thanks for looking out! i really appreciate it.
JimFitz33
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Dec 6 2014, 08:21 AM) *

hi, I have a silver 74 914, driver project that I am close to be finishing. If you are interested let me know and you could have a choice of wheels/tires and you could verify condition before carpets and rockers are installed. It has 1.8L heads, with weber carbs and 2.0L badges and the previous owner claimed the engine was modified to 2.3L . I drove it on the trailer and it needs a tuneup, which is next on the list after carpets, trim, rockers, battery tray and re-installing interior. Could be ready for early spring.
Take care
Bill

Zaney
QUOTE(JimFitz33 @ Dec 6 2014, 09:19 AM) *

Take care
Bill

I can vouch for Bill since he was the PO I purchased my '74 from back when he lived in Wash State. Very knowledgeable and willing to help the new owner get off on the right foot!
bye1.gif Hi Bill!

Cheers!
Nate
JimFitz33
QUOTE(JimFitz33 @ Dec 6 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Take care
Bill

Hey Bill,
Sent you a PM. I'm interested to see what you've got cooking. Any pics? Work in Progress?
Thanks,
Jim
tadink
Hey Jim -

you won't be sorry, these cars are VERY fun indeed!

Mine is for sale here
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=245537

I wish we were on the same coast so you could see this - as you know rust is the big deal here and the cars on the left coast are generally going to be much more rust free than some you might find on the east.

Might be worth a trip west, line up some candidates and take a road trip!!

good luck!

td
JimFitz33
QUOTE(tadink @ Dec 6 2014, 06:59 PM) *

Hey Jim -

you won't be sorry, these cars are VERY fun indeed!

Mine is for sale here
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=245537

I wish we were on the same coast so you could see this - as you know rust is the big deal here and the cars on the left coast are generally going to be much more rust free than some you might find on the east.

Might be worth a trip west, line up some candidates and take a road trip!!

good luck!

td

That car is RAD! Next time I'm out in LA, I may just line up some candidates as you say...I was there end of October but didn't have the time to do it.

Thanks for the encouragement....feel like I found my family here! smile.gif
mepstein
check out the one craig at camp914 just listed. looks underpriced for such a nice car and craig doesn't sell crap.
porsha916
hi jim, I been busy lately, new job! I will try to get some pictures and post them.
Take care
Bill

hi nate, I hope all is well with you and your family!!!
Take Care
Bill
JimFitz33
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Dec 10 2014, 06:34 PM) *

hi jim, I been busy lately, new job! I will try to get some pictures and post them.
Take care
Bill

Take Care
Bill

You and I are in the same boat Bill...work has been crazy for me lately too.
Thanks for whatever you can do whenever you can do it.

Best,
Jim
JimFitz33
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Dec 10 2014, 06:34 PM) *

Take care
Bill

Take Care
Bill

Hi Bill,
Just touching base to keep the interest going. Hope the new job is going well and you are surviving the hectic holiday season. Love to see pictures of your project whenever is good for you...
Best
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.