Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HaraPuzo
hello,
I'm a huge fan of 914's but sadly have never owned one.
hope to change that someday.
I've been looking at these cars for years online, and think I've only seen one in the flesh many years ago.
I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. was wondering if there are others here from Ontario or Canada. I'd like to know where to go to look/buy at these machines.
lots of nice stuff on ebay and internet. some are so expensive. I know depending on model type it can cost more, but sometimes it seems that some prices seem high.
any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Spoke
welcome.png

You'll do best to look here or on Pelican Parts for your first 914.

Several folks are in your area and can help you look for a 914.

Welcome to the madness. beerchug.gif
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
Ian Stott
First of all welcome to 914 World, great people here. Mark Henry is in the Port Hope area and is a very knowledgeable and good guy. Don't be afraid to ask opinions before you buy, someone here may even know the car you may be interested in.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
orthobiz
Welcome to the madness. In 2007 I started posting here and after missing buying back my old 914 from the 80's (it was for sale on 914club) I was "adopted" by a sympathetic member who helped me through the buying process.

I wound up with a great car, now I have two.

Someone on this forum went and looked at a car for me; others gave me leads of people to call who had 914's that just "might" be for sale.

Check our classifieds, post in the thread what your budget might be. Ask questions, be patient. You'll do fine!

Paul
mobymutt
Welcome! I'm out near Kingston, just bought my first 914 in February. The people on this site are amazing for helping out with questions, and for supplying parts! I was even lucky enough to get Mark Henry to stop by one day smile.gif
rick 918-S
You may have to spend a little more that you want up front but you won't regret it. Buy the best car you can afford. welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png

Bring cash.
green914
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 5 2014, 06:07 PM) *

welcome.png welcome.png

Bring cash.

agree.gif and then more! welcome.png
HaraPuzo
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!
I think I have to check back here more often.
Nice to meet you Spoke, Gustl, Ian Stott, orthobiz, mobymutt, rick 918-S, RobW, and green914. I have a feeling I'm in the right place for anything 914 related.
What are your guys/gals opinions on Hemmings?

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?0=0&a...&modelFacet[]=914-6&sort=sort_time_desc&page_size=15&modelFacet[]=914

They have sixes too but too much money for me.
It seems like this might be a better place to find what I'm looking for anyways.

Is this Mark Henry person famous or own a shop?
Seems like a popular guy, and sort of local to me.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Orest
mobymutt
I'm surprised Mark hasn't chimed in here yet! Mark??

There's also Mike's 914s in Cobourg.

http://www.mikes914s.com/index.php?mode=ca...mp;section=home

I found my 914 on Kijiji in Kingston, more by chance than any real effort on my part, so I have no comment on the best place to find one.
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Dec 6 2014, 08:21 PM) *

I'm surprised Mark hasn't chimed in here yet! Mark??

There's also Mike's 914s in Cobourg.

http://www.mikes914s.com/index.php?mode=ca...mp;section=home

I found my 914 on Kijiji in Kingston, more by chance than any real effort on my part, so I have no comment on the best place to find one.

thanks mobymutt.
Mark and I breifly chatted and he told me about Mike's 914 garage.
thanks though.
how was your experience buying a car on kijiji?
Jon H.
Mikes 914's in Cobourg is good. I have purchased a roller and other various parts from him, good guy, no problems with my dealings.

Jon H.

Ottawa
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Dec 8 2014, 12:56 PM) *

Mikes 914's in Cobourg is good. I have purchased a roller and other various parts from him, good guy, no problems with my dealings.

Jon H.

Ottawa

thanks Jon,
seems like Mike's the man to buy from in Southern Ontario.
one day I'll take the plunge.
Orest
mobymutt
Oh, I see you asked me a question, sorry I didn't respond earlier!

I personally like Kijiji for buying and selling things, I've never had a problem. As far as purchasing this particular car, the seller seemed pretty honest, although I don't think he knew anything about 914's. Neither did I though, so it put us on an even footing, haha.

I didn't spend a lot, so I imagine being a lot more nervous if it was a significant purchase.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.