Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portable garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
So I'm looking for canvas garage covers( Enclosed ) to park my newly painted teener. There are lots out there anyone have any experience with these.Thanks
rhodyguy
actual canvas, like a old style tent, or a poly tarp covering? costco did sell a pretty good mobile garage in the $220 range. i have one. serves the purpose. after 2 years the end that receives the most sun exposure starred to fray a bit on the sown seams. i put heavy duty gorilla tape over them.
EdwardBlume
I have the Costco one on the side of the house and its held up for 5 seasons so far.
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Dec 6 2014, 06:53 AM) *

So I'm looking for canvas garage covers( Enclosed ) to park my newly painted teener. There are lots out there anyone have any experience with these.Thanks

Best is to google online for prices on the better made poly ones.

I got one for our restored vintage 1960 Avion T20 travel trailer (similar to Airstream), haven't put it up yet until I get a humongous big mutha ficus taken out, in order to be able to maneuver the trailer into the backyard spot.

Other than longevity of the fabric, my other concern is the Santa Ana & storm winds we get around here, which you'll also have down in Seal.

Stick with the enclosed due to the salt air, or see if HB will allow you to build a garage for or as a permanent solution.

HB may also tag you for the porta one if it's out front of the house/condo.
bandjoey
HF one is good quality for their full enclosure. Cover lasts about 3 years here and replacements are available.

Occasionally I see them on ebay too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.