Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Mahle Wheels - set of 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stevegm
I have a set of Mahle wheels. Part number: 914.361.015.00

$450 plus shipping, OBO.

PM me if your interested.
Tom_T
This was 4 lug cast alloy wheel that was an option on `73-76 1.7, 1.8 & 2.0 914s, but will fit all 70-76.

FYI - the -00 P/N usually denotes the wheels without the extra cut on the inside around the wheel hub opening for the later hub-centric front hubs on the 73-76 914s.

P/N -01 on these, Perini cast alloy & Fuchs 2L forged alloys usually denoted the wheels with the extra step cut in around the center hub hole on the inside. There are some pix of this cut in the O&H Forum's "Wheels & Tires" nailed topic, to see what it looks like (pic was of a Fuchs 2L, but looks same on all).

For use on the 73-76 with the late hub-centric self-centering front hubs they will need to have the inside of the hub cut into the inside face by a machinist.

Maybe Steve can post pix of the inside wheel faces too for those looking?

If they're true & no cracks, then a trip to Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Wiedman Wheels in NoCal will have them looking great again!

Or else do a good home resto/refurb with a Euro Wheel putty repair kit to fix the curb rash/wear & then Wurth Wheel Silver + Clearcoat rattle can (if it takes clear without changing the silver). first.gif

Good Luck Steve! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Sixer
Need to take them to tire shop and spin them. I had 5 wheels and 4 of them were scrap aluminum.
stevegm
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2014, 06:08 PM) *

Need to take them to tire shop and spin them. I had 5 wheels and 4 of them were scrap aluminum.

They are all straight and no cracks. They have been checked. John at Black Forest Racing needed a set of Fuchs that I had. So we made a trade.

I would have used them. But my first 914 had Pedrinis. So I wanted to go with Pedrinis on my '72. I bought a nice set from Brad at 914 Limited. My '71 is getting original steels and hubcaps. And I have promised my wife to stop going into the cars and rollers classified section and buying cars for a while. :-) So I don't need the Mahles.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 6 2014, 03:02 PM) *

This was 4 lug cast alloy wheel that was an option on `73-76 1.7, 1.8 & 2.0 914s, but will fit all 70-76.

FYI - the -00 P/N usually denotes the wheels without the extra cut on the inside around the wheel hub opening for the later hub-centric front hubs on the 73-76 914s.

P/N -01 on these, Perini cast alloy & Fuchs 2L forged alloys usually denoted the wheels with the extra step cut in around the center hub hole on the inside. There are some pix of this cut in the O&H Forum's "Wheels & Tires" nailed topic, to see what it looks like (pic was of a Fuchs 2L, but looks same on all).

For use on the 73-76 with the late hub-centric self-centering front hubs they will need to have the inside of the hub cut into the inside face by a machinist.

If they're true & no cracks, then a trip to Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Wiedman Wheels in NoCal will have them looking great again!

Or else do a good home resto/refurb with a Euro Wheel putty repair kit to fix the curb rash/wear & then Wurth Wheel Silver + Clearcoat rattle can (if it takes clear without changing the silver). first.gif

Tom
///////

Tom
What you said applies to Pedrini wheels not Mahle. There is only part number for Mahle wheels and they fit all year cars.
Bruce
stevegm
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 7 2014, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 6 2014, 03:02 PM) *

Tom
///////

Tom
What you said applies to Pedrini wheels not Mahle. There is only part number for Mahle wheels and they fit all year cars.
Bruce

agree.gif

Pedrinnis were offered in 70-72, as well as 73, types. That was why there is a difference. The early types are different than the later ones. Whereas Mahles were only offered in the later 73-76 wheel. Only one part number, and they fit all year cars - 70 through 76.
haycait911
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2014, 04:08 PM) *

aren't they magnesium?
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(haycait911 @ Dec 7 2014, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2014, 04:08 PM) *

aren't they magnesium?

Nope, Cast Aluminum..the real gas burners (5 bolt) available on 914-6 and 911 are magnesium.
Sorry Don, I led you down that garden path. headbang.gif
stevegm
Bump for price change: $500 plus shipping, OBO.

Cleaning up the garage. I need the room to get my car finished.
stevegm
Price drop. Treat yourself to some wheels for Christmas. I'd like to make some space in my garage over the next week or so.
stevegm
Price drop. Treat yourself to some wheels for Christmas. I'd like to make some space in my garage over the next week or so.
kkid
Wondering if this set is too heavy for santa_smiley.gif to bring over to 94619?

stevegm
QUOTE(kkid @ Dec 11 2014, 11:06 AM) *

Wondering if this set is too heavy for santa_smiley.gif to bring over to 94619?

It shouldn't be too bad. If your interested PM me and I will estimate the shipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.