Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tachometer for a 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Got a line on a Tach from a '71 911T...will that be what I need?

Doug C
BigD9146gt
What motor, fuel supply (injection/carbs) do you have?????
DougC
Don't have a motor yet, let alone a fuel supply (LOL), basically trying to collect all the Six conversion pieces while waiting for a good deal on an engine to pop up. You know of one? Will the engine determine which tach I need? Thanks ..

Doug C
BigD9146gt
It really depends on the engine your going with... All the 911T with carbs and the 914-6 are the same. The impulse signal is the same. It gets tricky when you get to the CIS engines in ~'73/'74. Then i cannot say with certenty. But, with the 3.2 i know gets its signal from the motronic brain. I'd wait till you get the motor, cause a used tach isn't all that expensive. North Hollywood Speedo does conversions for tachs, so if you want a vintage tach with a 3.2 inner workings, your gonna have to folk over the dough...

Hope that helps, Don.
DougC
Thanks for the advice, I may go ahead and pick up the 911T tach anyway since it's only $35 then resale it if I go with a larger engine.

Doug C
Root_Werks
To get even a little more detailed:

Tachs with regular points ign thru 3 pin CD boxes

Tachs with 6 pin CD box

That is pretty much how they are divided up through 89' I believe.

3 pin CD's were used through the 2.7 series and the 3.0's were the first to use the 6 pin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.