Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body shop needed - Portland Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Looks like I may need to make a claim. Any worthy body shops near Portland Oregon? Car got swiped in the lot at work. Someone backed out and the front bumper cap put a nice scape in the side. there is a small dent under the sale panel about the size of a softball. Paint has a crack under the door handle.
ben*james
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 6 2014, 04:10 PM) *

Looks like I may need to make a claim. Any worthy body shops near Portland Oregon? Car got swiped in the lot at work. Someone backed out and the front bumper cap put a nice scape in the side. there is a small dent under the sale panel about the size of a softball. Paint has a crack under the door handle.

Arhg!!!! Doooode....I'm bummed for you. Call Craig at Camp. He probably has a line on a good shop.
JRust
Please tell me they took responsibility & you didn't just come out to find it. Flipping parking lot people are ridiculous these days just leaving dry.gif
steuspeed
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 6 2014, 06:43 PM) *

Please tell me they took responsibility & you didn't just come out to find it. Flipping parking lot people are ridiculous these days just leaving dry.gif

Nope. It was pouring rain at night when I got off and my car was the only one left in the lot. I ran out there and got in my car. Drove home and parked in my driveway. Next morning I was on my way to my ex gf funeral and went out to get in my car and that is what I saw. Major downer day sad.gif
sb914
Fuching some people suck.who hits a car than splits?
I live on a narrow one way street and my work truck has been side swipped four times not one note. Oh my daughters car got swipped as well $2000
cary
I'm pretty sure Rothsport uses Tualatin Auto Body for most of their paint work.
We've had the DD's done there too. Nice work. Good color matches.
r_towle
Emory motor sports.
EdwardBlume
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Same thing happened to Dads car about 30 years ago. Come out in the AM and someone had backed into the pass door and split.

Good luck with the fix!
steuspeed
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 7 2014, 08:34 AM) *

Emory motor sports.

That is quite the business. Looking into it.
steuspeed
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 8 2014, 01:07 AM) *

Emory motor sports.

They only do bodywork in California now. Recommended Tom Black's Garage. Anyone have any experience or know the shop?
john77
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 10 2014, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 8 2014, 01:07 AM) *

Emory motor sports.

They only do bodywork in California now. Recommended Tom Black's Garage. Anyone have any experience or know the shop?

Can't talk for that shop, but I've been to Rod Emory's shop up here, really nice guy and really really impressive body work. I'd take a reco off them any day of the week.
Mikey914
I actually have a guy (with a 914) in the unit right behind mine that has done a lot of 356 stuff, I'll have Blake forward you the info tomorrow. Would be handy having some one that close.
steuspeed
Tom Black recommended Straightline Body & Paint in SE Portland. I talked to Kevin there and he was a wealth of information. He said the crack is bondo and the swipe can probably be buffed out. There is one clear chip that you could put touch-up paint on. The bad news is that since it is a hit and run, insurance will likely only cover the swipe and additional work like the rust bubbles and damage subsequently incurred by the bondo would not. So as you look at repairing the two panels and repainting them the project snowballs. Paint matching was also a concern as he strictly uses Sikkens and there is no match to my car. He also pointed out that the rear fender didn't match the rear deck already. sad.gif
euro911
Damned weasels. They either don't have insurance or don't want their rates to go up. I hate when people don't take responsibility for their actions mad.gif

Treat yourself to a GoPro (or a clone) for Christmas (or Festivus) and keep it recording at work ... and see who comes around to look at the repair job, then see what they drive and see if you can match the paint and dent transfer to their vehicle idea.gif
steuspeed
So I had a local paintless dent remover work on my door and fender. Everything came out about as good as expected, but the cracked areas can't really be fixed without painting the door and rear quarter. He polished out the scrape as best he could. I had him polish the passenger side as well. It had a lighter full swipe down the whole side which all came out.
Cairo94507
Nice. Take the opportunity to fix the bubbles in the door handle recess too. Paintless dent guys can work miracles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.