Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone need a PPI on this Ebay car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Saw this on the Bay and since it is local, I think I will stop by and take a look at it. I also say a 911 in the background too. If someone needs a PPI on it, I will be able to let them know everything about it tonight.

Ebay 914

Looks like it has 5 lug Fuchs on it.
Ferg
No Fuchs, those are Rivieras painted black in the center...
Mueller
spray painted Rivieras I bet smile.gif

skline
I will let you know later. They are right by a job I am doing in awhile so I will go by and take some pics and check it out.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 2 2005, 10:14 AM)
I will let you know later. They are right by a job I am doing in awhile so I will go by and take some pics and check it out.

Oh come on Scott, just buy it!!! biggrin.gif
Looks pretty nice!

Lisa (914-less hint hint! lol2.gif )
MarkG
How is a California dealer going to sell a carb car?
skline
QUOTE (MarkG @ Feb 2 2005, 10:34 AM)
How is a California dealer going to sell a carb car?

Its a pre smog car now.
SteveL
The wheels are Riv's - painted all black. I still have a set in the garage rafters.
scruz914
I think they forgot a zero somewhere in the price. That car has the special battery bungee hold down option and its a three cylinder, hence the pulled sparkplug wire from the dist. With the price dealers are asking for 914s these days this one obvioulsly doesn't know what he's got!

Actually it is nice seeing a dealer not trying to oversell and overprice. Unless Scott's inspection shows that it is not even worth the $1250.
Twystd1
I called them...

Action auto is looking for 4K - 4.5K for this car...

Never mind. me thinks it's a waste "O" time. But ya never know.............

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
looks like a 2k car.... balck painted rivs unsure.gif
skline
Aaron, you are a little high on that price. Robert called me while I was there and came up to meet me there. It wasnt even worth taking pictures of. It presents well until you start to look at it. To give you all the run down on it. Its a 1975 original 1.8 liter car. No sway bars, dealer installed air, cut down center console that has been creamed in the front drivers side and passenger rear with lots of bondo to prove it. The passenger side is starting to sag from the rusted away long under the battery and the trunk is see through. There are some rust bubbles on the front passenger fender, not too bad and there is one about the size of a dime on the rear trunk lid. That is the bad, if you want the good, I got that too. I know, hard to believe any good could come from it. The car now sports a 73/74 2 liter engine (Going by the number) with the 73/74 heads also 2 liter. It has a set of 40 Webers on it. I didnt drive it so I cant tell you about the transmission. I was honest with the dealer selling it and told them the engine is the only thing worth anything on the car and the most they should get out of it would be about 12 to 1500 max. So if anyone here is bidding on this car, keep in mind, the passenger long is rusting as we speak. It could fall anytime. It did have nice door panels but smelled really strong of gasoline inside and around the car. Leaky fuel lines under the tank. I wouldnt buy it unless I could get it for less than a grand. And that would only be to remove the engine and transmission and then part the rest out to recover my money.
skline
Oh, and it had the stock 75 1.8 heat exchangers on it going into a cat system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.