Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luggage rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michael8345
Anyone know where i can get an non invasive rear deck luggage rack for my 74 2.0. welder.gif
bd1308
o o o o o me too! wink.gif that was the g/f cant complain of my car not carrying anything
Mueller
for a removable one, I think you'd have to make one or adapt a "universal" type to it.........
skline
I hate those things, the cars are meant to be driven on weekends and AX days and just cruising around town on nice days. If you need a luggage rack, you must be going someplace where you need luggage for an over night thing. Nevermind, forget I said anything. cool.gif
anthony
A 914 has plenty of space for a weekend trip. Tell your womenfolk to bring less crap!

I hate my rack. It will be deleted some day. Anyone have a pristine read lid to sell?

bd1308
i think i might...we'll see after friday wink.gif
bondo
What about something that screws in to the factory ski rack mount points on the underside of the targa bar? Seems like a small rack could mount there with legs that rest next to the engine lid. If done carefully all the lids could still open, and the the targa top could be on or off. It would put any luggeage directly in the air stream, but it'd be no worse than a roof rack on a "normal" car.
ChrisFoley
I have a couple of them I would sell, chrome finish. They screw to the rear deck lid, if you don't mind the permanent holes. One is in pretty nice condition IIRC, and the other has some surface rust.
iamchappy
Yakama makes a nice roof rack, I tested it with a windsurfer at 110. no problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.