Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somebody really needs to check this one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
skline
Says it only has 27k actual mileage. Only 2 pictures and both of the interior. Anyone want to venture out and look at it? 27k mile 914
ematulac
Not too far from me.

I have time tomorrow afternoon. If anyone is interested I'll try to contact the seller.
vortrex
looking at that inner sail panel, what color is it? turquoise?
skline
Hard to tell the color but the price he is asking seems a little low for a true 27k mile car.
vortrex
about $10k too low in todays pricing. what little you can see does look nice.
Twystd1
He's asking around 4500.00 for it. According to his mom....

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Feb 2 2005, 02:00 PM)
He's asking around 4500.00 for it. According to his mom....

Twystd1

clayton....

the 4 of us should roll up on him, tag team him and destroy his asking price. happy11.gif
im down... now where can i get 4200???

anyone need a kidney?> im serious smile.gif
vortrex
if it is really great I'll front the money and split the ebay sale price with you. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 2 2005, 02:05 PM)
if it is really great I'll front the money and split the ebay sale price with you. biggrin.gif

at your sevice... smilie_pokal.gif
jd74914
anyone need a kidney?> im serious smile.gif

you'll have about 6K in spare cash after offloading one biggrin.gif

story: around here some guy sold one for 10k and was put in a mental ward (someone thought he was crazy apparently wacko.gif )

Hard to tell the color but the price he is asking seems a little low for a true 27k mile car.

agree.gif everythings possible thought beerchug.gif
ematulac
Ok, I got a reply from the seller ... I'll swing by there tomorrow afternoon and snap some pics.

Exterior, battery tray, trunks ... anything else you want to see?
Porsche Rescue
If it is anywhere as nice as the pics suggest, don't take pics, buy it!!
skline
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 2 2005, 02:50 PM)
If it is anywhere as nice as the pics suggest, don't take pics, buy it!!

agree.gif

If it is really an orginal 27k mile car, you would be foolish not to. Ebay would bring 12 to 15k for that car I am sure.
KaptKaos
CL Ad says:

"LOST OUR STORAGE"

If they only have 2 pics of it, is it because it is piled up with crap? How long has it been in storage?

I'd go in on it for an ebay sale too. My gut tells me that it was stored cause something is FUBAR. At a minimum, the tank is varnish.

I am serious about going in on it. Let me know if you want to share the wealth.

- Joe
boxstr
I spoke to the seller and It sounds like it is worth the money. I am sending a deposit tommorrow. Stop by when I comeover for the LA lit meet and pay the remainder.
Thanks Scott.
CCLIN914INTARZANA
vortrex
vulture!
KaptKaos
QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 2 2005, 04:52 PM)
I spoke to the seller and It sounds like it is worth the money. I am sending a deposit tommorrow. Stop by when I comeover for the LA lit meet and pay the remainder.
Thanks Scott.
CCLIN914INTARZANA

Ninja Looter!!!
ematulac
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 2 2005, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 2 2005, 04:52 PM)
Thanks Scott.
CCLIN914INTARZANA

Ninja Looter!!!

laugh.gif
skline
I cant believe I saw it before you Craig, I figured this was right up your alley. So are you going to pick it up and bring it down with you? I would like to see this car if you do.
boxstr
Well Scott thats what happens when I am down here, I don't hit the keyboard as much.
Ed said that he would go over and take a look. I owe you one Ed. That will tell me if I go over on Saturday.
Thanks again Scott. How did the car in Costa Mesa?? turn out?
The one in the storage locker covered with crap.
CCLINPDTOLBONSAT
skline
I passed on it, it was not worth the batteries to take pictures of.
ematulac
Ok, here are the pics ...
ematulac
Front trunk
ematulac
the spare
ematulac
front trunk, driver's side
ematulac
front trunk, passenger side
ematulac
passenger headlamp motor
ematulac
driver's side headlamp motor
Mrs. K
What? No rust????

Lisa rolleyes.gif
ematulac
front driver's side tire
ematulac
driver's side door
Aaron Cox
omg...l those wheels! laugh.gif
ematulac
vin
ematulac
rear trunk
ematulac
rear trunk, passenger side
ematulac
rear trunk, driver's side
skline
Wow, it really was a 27k mile car!!!! Craig, this one I have got to see. I only wish I had the money to buy it. I dont care for the Pedrini wheels or whatever those are, but the rest of the car looks great and original. Excellent buy!!
ematulac
Inside of rear decklid. This was when I started thinking that 27k original miles was probably accurate. Front and rear trunks look pretty darned new to me. ohmy.gif
Porsche Rescue
Stop, stop, I can't take any more. Craig got another one! It really is Craig's list.
Shame about the side trim but he doesn't deserve perfection.
He can even take it skiing.
ematulac
Ok, here's the not so pretty stuff ... the engine compartment. When I opened the engine lid, the rain tray was unattached and resting inside it. The seller wasn't home, so I didn't get to hear it run. sad.gif
ematulac
Actually, it doesn't look so bad in the pictures ... light was fading when I took them, so I guess it was just scarey in the dark.

Battery tray ...
skline
Oh, I see rust in the hell hole. How bad is it? The car looks clean otherwise.
ematulac
Underneath the battery tray. Gotta love these little digital cameras. smile.gif
ematulac
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 3 2005, 08:03 PM)
Oh, I see rust in the hell hole. How bad is it? The car looks clean otherwise.

Was hard to tell in the fading light ... but from that first shot of the battery tray, I'm actually not too confident of what's all the way down in there. Stuck my hand down in there and didn't feel any flaking, but after looking closely at that shot I may not have gotten it all the way down there.
ematulac
Let's look at the underside ...
ematulac
Underside, driver's side, just fore of the rear wheel.
skline
Well, actually, that looks like all surface rust to me. I was worried there would be a hole but I dont see any. I would bet it is as solid as any other car. I say its a keeper.
skline
Still looking pretty good to me. Worth at least 10k on the bay.
ematulac
I meant to take a closer look at those clear tubes hanging down on the passenger side in that last shot, but completely forgot. Looks like it was an apparatus for bleeding the brakes.

Tranny ...
ematulac
Underside of the front of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.