tornik550
PM Sent
JStroud
Sold..
fixer34
QUOTE(JStroud @ Dec 9 2014, 09:02 PM) *

Lower turbo valve covers for a -6 $160.00 shipped cont. US

Click to view attachment

See another thread on here about the turbo covers (sorry, I don't have the link). You WILL NOT be able to install/remove them with the engine in the car unless a little judicious machining is done.
As the saying goes, 'ask me how I know...'
tornik550
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 10 2014, 02:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

See another thread on here about the turbo covers (sorry, I don't have the link). You WILL NOT be able to install/remove them with the engine in the car unless a little judicious machining is done.

I purchased them and the engine is out of my car smile.gif
fixer34
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Dec 10 2014, 01:12 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Understand, but I assumed at some point in time you may want to remove them to check/adjust valves without having to drop the engine. Wasn't trying to discourage you from buying them (I have a set and am happy with them), just didn't want you getting surprised 'down the road'.
tornik550
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 10 2014, 02:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Understand, but I assumed at some point in time you may want to remove them to check/adjust valves without having to drop the engine. Wasn't trying to discourage you from buying them (I have a set and am happy with them), just didn't want you getting surprised 'down the road'.

Gotcha- what modifications did you have to do to the covers?
Mark Henry
I and many others machined all the fins down to the height of the mounting holes.

Others hand grind just the area at the trailing arm mounts. There are threads about this in the Garage.
fixer34
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Dec 10 2014, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 10 2014, 02:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Gotcha- what modifications did you have to do to the covers?

You only have to remove a small section of the fins around a couple of the upper stud holes. I crawled under my car and took a couple pictures for another thread a few weeks back. I'll see if I can find either the thread, or the pictures.
McMark
Here's a couple pics of the machining we've done. I usually take the minimalist approach, only removing material from where it interferes. You can also machine the whole cover down by some amount (other people know, and it's been posted).

My technique, is to install the engine without the lower valve covers installed. Then remove material until you can install the covers in the car. If they go on, they'll come off. wink.gif
mepstein
5/16" reduction will usually make it work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.