Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Market cooling?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Maybe seasonal or maybe the start of the bubble deflation?

Click to view attachment
steuspeed
Interesting. I would like to see the current 914 graph. I used up all my try's on Hagerty.
barefoot
I try to only buy Porsches at the bottom of their depreciation curve, before they start to get more valuable. Course I'm kinda cheap !
Michael N
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 11 2014, 04:23 PM) *

Interesting. I would like to see the current 914 graph. I used up all my try's on Hagerty.

Hagerty has not updated since August. They usually post them in December. Looking at their comps for the 914/6, someone got a deal or a really rusty car on the $4,400 one last September.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(barefoot @ Dec 11 2014, 06:16 PM) *

I try to only buy Porsches at the bottom of their depreciation curve, before they start to get more valuable. Course I'm kinda cheap !

Ohhh....so YOU'RE the guy that tries to do that. Always wondered who it was. biggrin.gif poke.gif
mepstein
i never am involved in the kind of transaction that would be reported on hagerty.

when i asked my son how much his books cost this year at college, he told me $225.
i said thats really cheap.
he replied - "i don't buy retail"
I was so proud.
EdwardBlume
Euro to dollars was 1.35 to 1.40: 1.00 6 months ago. Today it's 1.24:1.00.

What does that mean?

A 50,000 USD /6 cost $35714 Euros then.
A 50,000 USD /6 costs $40,322 now.

An 11.5% increase.

Add to it that a declining economy in Europe tightens the everyday mans budget, you get a decline.

However, the numbers are still in our favor. Less cars available, not built anymore, collector / enthusiast interest.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 12 2014, 04:08 AM) *

i never am involved in the kind of transaction that would be reported on hagerty.

when i asked my son how much his books cost this year at college, he told me $225.
i said thats really cheap.
he replied - "i don't buy retail"
I was so proud.

I got by with Half.com, International versions, and in some classes sharing books.
stevegm
The silver market has been cooling too. But, that doesn't mean it isn't a good long-term, tangible asset investment.
Michael N
Hagerty's December report shows the 914/6 market jumping up not cooling down.

Click to view attachment

Mark Henry
I call bs.gif on the /6 for $4400.
My bet is someone was fudging the numbers (do you even have to ask why would they do that) or it'was a rusted out shell.
DBCooper
Well, according to Haggerty themselves on the subject: "While 914/6s continue to appreciate, regular 914’s have likely leveled out on price and will hold steady and have gradual gains in the coming years.” That's from today, quoted in Bloomberg, HERE

Article is titled "The Porsche 914/6: A Semi-Forgotten Volkswagen Crossover You'd Be Smart to Invest in Now." They like sixes as an investment with modest returns, fours not so much.

johnhora
Thanks for posting Michael...
Glad to see the price climbing steadily.....
76-914
That chart does me absolutely no good. When are they going to post some 914's w/ Suby drive trains? av-943.gif stirthepot.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 2 2015, 11:44 AM) *

That chart does me absolutely no good. When are they going to post some 914's w/ Suby drive trains? av-943.gif stirthepot.gif

Not enough room at the bottom of the chart. av-943.gif
Jeffs9146
This article was posted today talking about how NOW is the time to invest in a 914-6!

Bloomberg News Article
DBCooper
Well, yeah, that's nice but unfortunately my car isn't an original six. Bummer. Guess I'll just have to go drive it for fun.

boxsterfan
According to those charts, my 1974 2.0L on jackstands with rust in the hell hole is worth $8-14K. I'll start the bidding at $11K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.