Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super high idle of death!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gobstopper
This morning when I started my car it idled at about 2800 rpm, I almost died from the terror of my baby running so hard before warming up.

I can't figure out what the problem is, so I have humbled my pride and come to this forum for answers. Please help me before it's to late.
sanman
Need Details FI or carbs
redshift
Throttle cable: Stuck in the tunnel...

Throttle return spring: Missing, or broken. (90% likely)

Miles

Gobstopper
The Car is a 73 2.0, with the stock fuel injection.
redshift
Look at the return spring.

M
Gobstopper
Just got it fixed, it was a vacuum hose that had come off. Thanks anyways.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gobstopper @ Feb 2 2005, 04:36 PM)
Just got it fixed, it was a vacuum hose that had come off. Thanks anyways.

glad i could help!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
skline
So since he fixed it, does that mean he wont be coming back again till he has another problem???
redshift
Scott, Andy helped him..

He'll be back! Andy hasn't changed his *CAP* yet.

laugh.gif

M
skline
Did he help him through PM's? I didnt see the answer to his question here.
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 2 2005, 05:14 PM)
Did he help him through PM's? I didnt see the answer to his question here.

no, i "helped" him by paying the bills for this server and the bandwidth you guys suck up on a daily basis ...

cool.gif Andy
redshift
ohmy.gif

Well!~ I nev.... you should know that... aaaahhhhh!~

wink.gif

M
Always Looking
I bet it was the line coming from the oil filler cap. Any takers? cool_shades.gif
ppickerell
Doesn't this guy know we are discussing MikeZ's avatar and he is just interrupting ? Idle problems, sheesh. You would think that this was about cars or something.
Gobstopper
Yes it was the line from the oil filler cap.

Ive been a member on this forum for awhile now and had never posted until today, despite the fact that though the first thing I do when I get home from work everyday is read through this forum.

Oh, I'm sorry I interupted the MikeZ forum, I feel really guilty and will send a letter of apoligy to all forum members after I gather addresses.
markb
QUOTE (Gobstopper @ Feb 2 2005, 08:24 PM)
Yes it was the line from the oil filler cap.

Ive been a member on this forum for awhile now and had never posted until today, despite the fact that though the first thing I do when I get home from work everyday is read through this forum.

Oh, I'm sorry I interupted the MikeZ forum, I feel really guilty and will send a letter of apoligy to all forum members after I gather addresses.

Gobstopper, You've got exactly the right attitude to hang out here! smilie_pokal.gif
Don't be shy (none of the rest of us are, just ask Z), jump into the fray & make your presence known!

BTW: Welcome to the madhouse. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.