Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring harness photos needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gcthielen
My 71 914-6 was disassembled long ago and while reinstalling the dash, I realized that the wiring harness can be routed many ways. I don't want to get it all back together only to find out it has to come back apart. I have spent a couple of surprisingly un fruitful hours searching this forum and the interwebs to see how the harness is routed behind the dash. Anyone? Thank in advance!
George
Dayton, OH
JeffBowlsby
There are no photos or diagrams of that. Use the factory wiring schematic, or better the color one from Art Zapf (google it) and connect everything up. Mount the fusepanel, the branches end up where they connect up.
rick 918-S
I didn't hunt through the pages in the attached link but maybe there is something you can use here. Either that or contact Andy. He is helping with another 6 that is currently coming apart. Maybe the harness is accessible for a photo.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=101062&hl=
Socalandy
here are 3 shots for you but I didn't take a lot of detailed shots when installing the harness. Notice the yellow circle in the third pic, that's the 12 pin connector for your column and the the heater wires run along that same route. look at the metal tabs to hold the harness on the back of the dash frame that will help show you the routing.

If you need more ping me and I can go drop the knee pad and take some. I'm going to PM you a link for a large color wire diagram the will help as well.
Gcthielen
VERY helpful!!
Thank you!
George
cn2800
I took a lot of photos while disassembling my '73 1.7 - I'm assuming the cabin wiring is similar to the sixes. Note that my car does not have the console gauges.

These photos are of the harness as installed in the tunnel mid-cabin, tunnel where it meets the firewall, the firewall at the driver's footwell, and the driver's side wheelwell intrusion:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I've also got shots of the back of the instruments before being disconnected, as well as the back of the fuse panel if those would be helpful.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.