Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My lightweight project continues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I'm taking it to Sebring in a week to put it on the scales so I'm having to throw it together. I seem to have run out of time to do all the detail work I want to do. I just want to get the engine back it and get it running. I've hung the trailing arms on tonight and installed the brake lines. I'll put the engine back in on Sat.
TimT
COOL!!!
URY914
I still need to put the seat belt bar in and some gussets. I'll just take all the stuff I still need to weld on and weigh them in the car. Of course the body and targa bar in fglass won't be done but I'll weight that seperate.

I can't wait to drive it around the paddock with out the body.

happy11.gif
SirAndy
what? no rear sway bar?

cool_shades.gif Andy
SpecialK
WOW!! ohmy.gif

What are you going to hang the body panels on?

Damn...question answered....I need to learn to type faster! headbang.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Special_K @ Feb 2 2005, 07:01 PM)
WOW!! ohmy.gif

Good question idea.gif

I need to work on that. biggrin.gif
redshift
Dood, what if you fall out into the engine... engine.. I would say engine room... but it's really more of a.. pavillion..

laugh.gif

Veranda, even...

M
URY914
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 2 2005, 07:30 PM)
Dood, what if you fall out into the engine... engine.. I would say engine room... but it's really more of a.. pavillion..

laugh.gif

Veranda, even...

M

more like a back porch...
BigD9146gt
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 2 2005, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (Special_K @ Feb 2 2005, 07:01 PM)
WOW!! ohmy.gif

Good question idea.gif

I need to work on that. biggrin.gif

Thats easy, just make some brackets above the tranny mounts/tube frame and have the drop links go down from there.
John
I can't wait until we get to hear the "official" weight. (I'm assuming sans body panels)

My guess.... 1380#
smg914
Paul,

I'm sure you are aware of this but just in case you're not, there is a truck stop at the I-75 route 52 exit that has a scale. I believe they charge $8.00 for two visits to the scale. Get off the exit and head East for about an 1/8 mile on your left.

When you mentioned Sebring, I'm assuming you will be attending the 12th annual 48 Hours at Sebring. By the way it looks like this year is the first year for the event to be sold out. It's also a 4 day event this year counting the test and tune day on Thursday. The last time I checked there were close to 40 cup cars entered.
Stutgart46
Paul,
I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to see your progressing.
We should start a poll to guess how much your car is going weigh.
My guess is 1300lbs.
Root_Werks
1320lbs

Dang Paul! Looks sweet! Well, what is left looks sweet! laugh.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
URY914
QUOTE (smg914 @ Feb 2 2005, 08:35 PM)
Paul,

I'm sure you are aware of this but just in case you're not, there is a truck stop at the I-75 route 52 exit that has a scale. I believe they charge $8.00 for two visits to the scale. Get off the exit and head East for about an 1/8 mile on your left.

When you mentioned Sebring, I'm assuming you will be attending the 12th annual 48 Hours at Sebring. By the way it looks like this year is the first year for the event to be sold out. It's also a 4 day event this year counting the test and tune day on Thursday. The last time I checked there were close to 40 cup cars entered.

Steve,
I've have a problem with truck scales not giving a reading low enough. Did you weigh you car at the that scale?

Also at Sebring they give me weight per wheel which is nice to know.

Paul
smg914
Yeah, I weighed the race car off the trailer and on the trailer. I have a feeling it will work for you. However, it would be nice to know the weight at each wheel.

See ya at the 48 Hours at Sebring.
ein 6er

steve,

stupid question ... what do you mean by "sold out"? i've never been to sebring, but isn't it a BIG place? i was thinking of going , but if it's sold out, i guess not. unsure.gif

paul,

i may go to the club race, see you there.
jd74914
dude, its a disease, how far until you have a full tube frame car wacko.gif
Rouser
I'll put the engine back in on Sat.

You? I'll probably be the one puttin' the engine back in while you tend to my muffler.

Bet it'll need the tranny bolted to it first. smash.gif Where's my socket set? confused24.gif
URY914
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Feb 3 2005, 04:56 PM)

When you mentioned Sebring, I'm assuming you will be attending the 12th annual 48 Hours at Sebring. By the way it looks like this year is the first year for the event to be sold out.  It's also a 4 day event this year counting the test and tune day on Thursday. The last time I checked there were close to 40 cup cars entered.

steve,

stupid question ... what do you mean by "sold out"? i've never been to sebring, but isn't it a BIG place? i was thinking of going , but if it's sold out, i guess not. unsure.gif

paul,

i may go to the club race, see you there.

Doug,
all the entrant spots are sold out. You can still get in to watch.

Paul
URY914
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Feb 3 2005, 05:21 PM)
dude, its a disease, how far until you have a full tube frame car wacko.gif

Never, I'm almost done. biggrin.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Rouser @ Feb 3 2005, 06:08 PM)
I'll put the engine back in on Sat.

You? I'll probably be the one puttin' the engine back in while you tend to my muffler.

Bet it'll need the tranny bolted to it first. smash.gif Where's my socket set? confused24.gif

I've been buning the midnight oil and should have the engine in tomorrow night.
Start up on Sat ? sad.gif cool_shades.gif happy11.gif
Jake Raby
Paul,
I'd think that with that car you could weigh it with a damn fish scale!
URY914
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Feb 3 2005, 06:44 PM)
Paul,
I'd think that with that car you could weigh it with a damn fish scale!

lol2.gif Good one, Jake...

Next week I'll start a "Guess how much it weighs" thread.
Winner gets a big box of fine, German, 32 year old sheet metal. sawzall-smiley.gif

Paul
Mueller
I see a bunch of weight that can be taken care of....

the calipers and rotors.... smash.gif
Rouser
Start up on Sat ?

Sure, no problem; I'll bring the gas. Premium OK?

Man, you've got that stinger, right? You must have some awfully understanding neighbors!
URY914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 3 2005, 06:54 PM)
I see a bunch of weight that can be taken care of....

the calipers and rotors.... smash.gif

If someone would come up with a way to fab an adapter for some Wilwood Superlights, I'l be 15 pounds lighter. Hint, Hint, Hint...
smg914
quote: stupid question ... what do you mean by "sold out"? i've never been to sebring, but isn't it a BIG place? i was thinking of going , but if it's sold out, i guess not.

Paul is correct. What I meant by sold out was that they are no longer accepting club race entrants. There is still plenty of room for spectators.
LvSteveH
Point #1- At this point why don't you just get some heavy duty bathroom scales and weigh it at each corner.

Point #2- Seeing that deflection is directly related to load, and seeing that your load (weight of the car) is significantly reduced, why do you need reinforced trailing arms?
URY914
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Feb 3 2005, 09:27 PM)
Point #1- At this point why don't you just get some heavy duty bathroom scales and weigh it at each corner.

Point #2- Seeing that deflection is directly related to load, and seeing that your load (weight of the car) is significantly reduced, why do you need reinforced trailing arms?

If I could change over to stock trailing arms I would. But the reinforced ones are left over from my heavy stock road race days.

Anyone want to trade me for some stock ones? confused24.gif

Paul
machina
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 4 2005, 10:06 AM)
Anyone want to trade me for some stock ones?

I'd make the swap, but right now I don't have time to do it. If your not in a rush, maybe in March or April???

I'm trying to get a dozen mods to the car done before my next event at Sebring end of this month.
URY914
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Feb 4 2005, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 4 2005, 10:06 AM)
Anyone want to trade me for some stock ones?

I'd make the swap, but right now I don't have time to do it. If your not in a rush, maybe in March or April???

I'm trying to get a dozen mods to the car done before my next event at Sebring end of this month.

Not a problem at all, I can wait. Mine have poly bushings.
I'll PM you.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.