Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1974 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Dp9146
1974 Porsche 914 2.0 5 speed In great condition low mileage 2 owner car original interior except for new carpets,no tears in seats or cracks in dash.very clean inside and out as pictures show. 38,000 miles on speedo odometer not working Dual weber carbs Headers Petronix electronic ignition New rubber and seals in reassembly Recent tune up, valve adjustment,oil change along with fluids in brakes and transmission. No leaks,four wheel alignment.All suspension removed during re paint stripped and painted with epoxy paint,fenderwells were undercoated then also painted in epoxy paint.The photos show the condition of the car . Please take a look call or text with any questions. Can arrange a time for inspection, no disappointments. Asking 14,500 obo Have more pictures can email if needed. dp9146@hotmail.com
Mikey914
Alaska Blue?
Dp9146
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 15 2014, 11:59 PM) *

Alaska Blue?

not sure about the name of the color
Cairo94507
OK, I will risk getting in trouble for commenting on this listing.

This appears as though it may be a nice car but you need to post many more pictures of the critical areas of these cars. Engine compartment showing the area under the battery, (the Hell Hole) and the rest of the areas in the engine compartment. You need to show us the rear trunk below the taillights with the matt and carpet out, the front trunk with nothing in it with sufficient detail to discern damage if any exists. The entire underside of the car, front to rear, good detail photos of the engine and transaxle, pull the carpets out behind the seats and show us where the firewall meets the floor, if you are able, pull the rocker covers so we can see the jack points and know if there is rust. Close ups of the sail panels where they meet the quarter panels and the door handle areas. The bottoms of the fenders and doors. Close up of the gap with the doors shut where the door edge meets the rear quarter panel. Close up of the front windshield base where it transitions to the A pillars along the windshield. This looks like a nice car and photos will help you sell it for top dollar. Good luck with the sale.
Dp9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 17 2014, 09:41 AM) *

OK, I will risk getting in trouble for commenting on this listing.

This appears as though it may be a nice car but you need to post many more pictures of the critical areas of these cars. Engine compartment showing the area under the battery, (the Hell Hole) and the rest of the areas in the engine compartment. You need to show us the rear trunk below the taillights with the matt and carpet out, the front trunk with nothing in it with sufficient detail to discern damage if any exists. The entire underside of the car, front to rear, good detail photos of the engine and transaxle, pull the carpets out behind the seats and show us where the firewall meets the floor, if you are able, pull the rocker covers so we can see the jack points and know if there is rust. Close ups of the sail panels where they meet the quarter panels and the door handle areas. The bottoms of the fenders and doors. Close up of the gap with the doors shut where the door edge meets the rear quarter panel. Close up of the front windshield base where it transitions to the A pillars along the windshield. This looks like a nice car and photos will help you sell it for top dollar. Good luck with the sale.

These are the pictures I have I don't have a lift to take pictures of the bottom of the car I will try to jack it high enough to get good shots of it
boxsterfan
Also, have any 'before pics"? Especially the critical areas mentioned above before and new paint was applied?

Car looks great, but just not getting to see the right pics.
matthepcat
I would suggest posting pictures larger that people are concerned about. Host here: http://postimage.org

Then use the direct link to post here. People will always be a sceptic to a new member selling a car on the forum.
Cairo94507
I agree re the new member with a highly collectable car. I caution people to do their homework and make sure someone lays eyes on this car in person. Not saying he does not own it, just saying to "trust but verify".
Dp9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 18 2014, 01:06 PM) *

I agree re the new member with a highly collectable car. I caution people to do their homework and make sure someone lays eyes on this car in person. Not saying he does not own it, just saying to "trust but verify".

I totally agree with cairo94507 you should lay eyes on a car of this caliber and price ,or at least have an inspection done. That being said we all look at 914's everyday and you see what the average car looks like, I don't think this is your average car. I am not claiming the car is perfect, but a great car anyway. I do not have any before pictures but I know the people who did the work and have been involved with the car since the early 1980's. I appreciate everyones help with suggestions for selling my car.I will take some more pictures and post them.
Dp9146
QUOTE(Dp9146 @ Dec 18 2014, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 18 2014, 01:06 PM) *

I totally agree with cairo94507 you should lay eyes on a car of this caliber and price ,or at least have an inspection done. That being said we all look at 914's everyday and you see what the average car looks like, I don't think this is your average car. I am not claiming the car is perfect, but a great car anyway. I do not have any before pictures but I know the people who did the work and have been involved with the car since the early 1980's. I appreciate everyones help with suggestions for selling my car.I will take some more pictures and post them.

I hope these pictures show the areas everyone wanted to see
Cairo94507
Thanks much better. The car looks nice and you posted a good amount of pictures showing a lot of the areas we are all concerned about when looking at these cars. The only thing that jumps out at me is the font fender gap where it joins the cowl. The black welting appears to be gone and it looks as if it has been filled and painted - I think.

I seriously wish for Christmas we could have software that automatically resizes photos to make them easier to post. I would contribute some money to that project. I am not really technologically up to speed so that would help me out.
Dp9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 21 2014, 05:42 AM) *

Thanks much better. The car looks nice and you posted a good amount of pictures showing a lot of the areas we are all concerned about when looking at these cars. The only thing that jumps out at me is the font fender gap where it joins the cowl. The black welting appears to be gone and it looks as if it has been filled and painted - I think.

I seriously wish for Christmas we could have software that automatically resizes photos to make them easier to post. I would contribute some money to that project. I am not really technologically up to speed so that would help me out.

That is correct the gaps have been filled this is something that we have done on many cars over the years it is a very clean look and if done properly will prevent the chances of rust popping up here many of the things done on this car were done with that in mind, to prevent rust from happening. If you take in to account that this resto was done over 15 years ago and still looks this good I think you could agree that is seems effective. Thanks for your comments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.