Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Project!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racing916
I thought I would post a picture of my car that is almost done. I have been working on it for 2 years. It started off as a 1975 rust bucket donor, and after many hours of work itis now a 914-6! Oh and more money than I can ever tell my girlfirend!!
Racing916
Here is the Car for the motor.
vortrex
nice!

post more pics.
Gint
Very nice!
Racing916
Thanks! Here is the front suspension, It was pretty shitty but a little Krylon and some sand paper goes a long way!! biggrin.gif
BigD9146gt
SWEET! Gimmi some details on the motor...
Racing916
This was a marking I found under the dash that I thought was kinda cool. It says Malagarot, which I believe stand for Malagna which was the original color of the car.
Racing916
The motor ia a 2.2 Liter T motor, taken out of my dad's friends car. I added turbo chain tensioners, new seals, msd coil, and clewett plug wires and K & N air filters. I can not wait to see the diffrence from my Dad's 2.0 4 cyl motor, which I thought went pretty damn good.
SpecialK
My...what a big garage you have... wub.gif

Wow!! That's a sharp looking car Racing916... yes, more about the engine!!

Thanks a lot for raising the bar headbang.gif (as many on this board already have wink.gif )

biggrin.gif
BigD9146gt
916, 4's are fun, but if you love the sound/performace of a 6, your gonna love that 2.2!
boxstr
Dan Root take a look at this car and the color. It works. I like it. Looks really nice. Keep posting more pics.
CCLINOLYMPICBLUE
ppickerell
People from the east covet our top down January beach runs, but us West coast people covet your HUGE garages.
AND really GREAT LOOKING CAR AS WELL!
Steel flares I assume?
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

one thing tho, it will never be that clean again, so enjoy it while you can!
driving.gif Andy
ppickerell
I been waiting a year for my 2.1 4 to be finished, I am so ready to go 6! Do you plan to AX or track the car?
CptTripps
What kind (brand) paint did you use? Single-stage or base-clear?

Looks fantastic...wish I had a garage that big!
Racing916
Thanks! The garage is my dads!! And you might envy are garages, but after 3 feet of snow I am ready for some sunshine! The color is Riviera Blue from a 1995 911, we did single stage because when we tested it in the trunks it layed down real nice. The Flares are fiberglass. It took so long to get them right. I have all along been building this car for a track/street car. I have driven my dads 2.0L 4 cyl at watkins glen, and that eats up the older 911's and 944's pretty good in the corners, so this car should be more fun because they will not step away as much on the front and back stretch. The motor is nothing special, it was taken out of a 914-6 conversion because the guy was making room for a 2.7 L. The motor is a 1971, It has Zenith carbs, not the webers. sad.gif But supposeldy I am told if adjusted right can produce the same results.
SpecialK
QUOTE (Racing916 @ Feb 2 2005, 09:03 PM)
The motor is nothing special,

But you sure did a great job of detailing it! wub.gif
Racing916
Thanks again! Here is one more picture of the motor from the side with the bell-crank which I got from A914guy (Rich) in Texas. You drill one hole and whamoo you got a perfect bellcrank. I will post some more pics in a week, when I hope to have most of the car back together!
Trekkor
Thanks for posting this topic and restoring 914club. wink.gif

Nice Job!

KT
skline
Hi and welcome to the club, I too like your car. As for your carbs, I was told by an old Porsche factory race crew tech that the Zenith carbs of one or two years were actually better than the Webers when setup right. He talks a lot about the old race days and what they used to do. You will be posting more progress pics as you go right? We all love to see them. Us California guys with the little garages drive our cars year round so when most of us work on them, it is not to the extent you are doing. That is not all of us anyway. Some are very meticulous and detail oriented and do a very fine job on their cars. You will see them if you hang out here very long. Good job on your car, it will soon be something you can be very proud of.

Stutgart46
This car looks great. I can't wait to see it put back together.
What suspension is that? It looks like an SC.
DuckRyder
clap.gif clap.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Damb FINE job!
Series9
Yet another beautiful car! smilie_pokal.gif

Welcome!
Joe Ricard
Hey welcome to the club.
See ya'll, this place IS for cars. Damn nice cars too!
But if you have any Booby pics we don't mind them too much. biggrin.gif
xitspd
Congrates Excellent Work! smilie_pokal.gif Almost time to enjoy the fruits of your labor! beerchug.gif
Racing916
Thanks everyone, it is nice to hear all this great feedback. And like some of you said I can not wait to drive this damn thing...... I been waiting soooooo long.... But anyways, to answer your question.

The Font struts are off a 1971-75 911S (EBAY), I added turbo tie rod ends, Front sway bar, with all new bushings. My dad and I put all new bearings in, because they did not sound so nice when we first got them. New vented rotors, 911 M Brake calipers (rebuilt), and KYB sturts. I kept in the 19MM torsion bars.

The rear suspension is also KYB Gas cylinders, and I added Bigger springs (175Lb). I basically copied my dads rear suspension because I like the feel of his car. I had the hubs send to Brad Mayeur in Illinois who drilled out some early hubs and put in 5 lugs, and pressed them back in. Lastly put in a rear sway bar and new drop link bushings. The rear brakes are still the orignal ones.

Racing916
xitspd, I was reading your description of your car from your post, do you have any pics? That car sounds amazing!!!
Quilmes
Your 914 looks great. Good work and very clean
clap.gif
Do you plan to race it in HSR ?
smilie_pokal.gif

Hope to see the rest of the photos when you are done.
Quilmes
Racing916
Quilmes,

Thanks Quilmes, I plan on doing PCA track events (Driver Ed's) with it. I have found them pretty enjoyable. We Go to Lime Rock, and Watkins Glen, but I would love to get up to Mid-Ohio and VIR. Maybe in a few years I might convert the car into a full fledge racer. I often go up to the Vintage Grand Prix Festival every september at Watkins Glen for the car show, and I have seen about 5 or 6 914-4 and 914-6's up there and boy does that look like fun. So who knows? Is HSR, Hitorical racing?
scooter311
smilie_pokal.gif

Nuh-nuh-niiiiice!

The motor and tranny look too good to hide in a car ohmy.gif

Are you anywhere near Broome? I'm in Rochester, and come down for the MX nationals
in August once in a while. Nice to see another NY 914 clap.gif
Racing916
Yes actually Broome is about ten minutes from my house, you might have seen my Dad's car over there, it is a Red 1973 914-4 2L. He has been doing autocross over at Broome. You should do some track events at Watkins Glen w/ the PCA, It is a blast!
Root_Werks
QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 2 2005, 08:34 PM)
Dan Root take a look at this car and the color. It works. I like it. Looks really nice. Keep posting more pics.
CCLINOLYMPICBLUE

boldblue.gif Yep, me likes now! boldblue.gif

For those of you who don't know, my next project will be one of Craigs 914-4's into a flared 914-6 which just happens to be Olympic Blue. I was thinking about changing to Gemini Blue, but we all know a color change is PITA. After seeing these sweet pictures, I think I will just leave the Olympic Blue alone. Dam, that looks great! clap.gif
aircooledboy
Wholey Crapoley!!!! ohmy.gif
What a Beauty. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Very nice work. Welcome to the zoo (psssst, don't be easily offended, there are tons of really great, but crazy people here. If you assume the jabs are meant in jest, you can have a lot of fun learning here.) . beerchug.gif

Oh, and Patrick, thanks for making me feel better about the midwest. I might have 10 foot snow piles outside it, but I do have 3 cars, a truck, 2 lawn tractors, a Gator and tons more room inside. Trade-off I guess. beerchug.gif It is 39' here today. boldblue.gif monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Racing916 @ Feb 2 2005, 09:03 PM)
Thanks! The garage is my dads!! And you might envy are garages, but after 3 feet of snow I am ready for some sunshine! The color is Riviera Blue from a 1995 911, we did single stage because when we tested it in the trunks it layed down real nice. The Flares are fiberglass. It took so long to get them right. I have all along been building this car for a track/street car. I have driven my dads 2.0L 4 cyl at watkins glen, and that eats up the older 911's and 944's pretty good in the corners, so this car should be more fun because they will not step away as much on the front and back stretch. The motor is nothing special, it was taken out of a 914-6 conversion because the guy was making room for a 2.7 L. The motor is a 1971, It has Zenith carbs, not the webers. sad.gif But supposeldy I am told if adjusted right can produce the same results.

Racing916, You did a great job on those flares! clap.gif The last six i did also has a 2.2T engine with Zeniths on it, glass flares etc. Trust me, your smile will go from ear to ear when you get to drive it. biggrin.gif

Rick (914-8 Alien) said his FG flares bowed in around the bottom over time(years). So I made sure I left the factory steel fender supports in place, ground off all the paint and glassed the flares to those. You can tug on any part of any flare, supper strong, bonded from both sides so you don't feel a lip or anything.

Your 914 looks like a million bucks! Welcome to the club, we love pictures here! Sooooo, here is mine: cool.gif
mike_the_man
Yup, that car looks fantastic! The detailing of the engine is pretty incredible. I wish I had the time, money, motivation, etc, etc to do something like that. You have to show us progress pics, that thing will be amazing when done!

joea9146
Looks nice... good job. Hope to see you at LRP or WG ... Good Luck
mack914
Nice 6. My conversion also includes a 2.2T with Zenths. I'm proud of what I have done so far and I know it will run out and sound great in the Spring when it is all together. Hope to post pictures soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.