Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spot Welders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cdmcse
Anyone ever tried one of these?

Spot Welder

I have a discount code which makes it $39.99. Almost worth trying for the heck of it.

It says it will work with an Arc welder, do you think this applies to a wire feed arc welder?
TimT
You have a wire feed? ie mig welder? just use it to replicate the spot welds...
BigD9146gt
Can't say that i have, but i've used some perfessional autobody spot welders(big $10,000 units). To tell you the truth, mig welding (if your not going concorse with the looks of your spot welds) works the best for the money, and does so many other jobs too. But for $40, you can have fun shocking yourself biggrin.gif
cdmcse
Yea I got a MIG. Not going for concours. I just thought welding in new floorpans might be easier with something like this. You know touch and move on.
CptTripps
QUOTE (BigD9146gt @ Feb 2 2005, 11:31 PM)
But for $40, you can have fun shocking yourself biggrin.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking. I pictured myself under the car...pulling the trigger...shocking the shit out of my hand...the welder sailing out of the garage into the trashcan.
r_towle
its strickly for an Arc welder..

Its not that good, stick with the mig..

Rich
TimT
You know touch and move on.

If you prep your panels, have them clamped tightly, and have holes punched.. you can "touch and move on" with your mig.. and even if you dont have holes to weld through on one side, you can still spotweld with a mig..

practice on some spare sheet metal.. save the $40 for some beers

cdmcse
Thanks guys! I save more money reading posts on this site... w00t.gif

Then spend it reading other posts on this site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.