Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Varioram 3.6 in a teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
Varioram 3.6 in a teener anybody done this yet? Can it be done w/out body mods? Vario motor is supposed to be taller and interferes with engine cover and trunk lid. Sure would like to know. I posted this Q on the bird board also.
BigD9146gt
I'd give Wevo a call. Those boys did a few last year...i was talking to a couple of them during the GAF. Your going to need the 915 or 930flipped to handle that much power...

That was my goal for a big 6 914... but now i've gone mad and am going to make a flat 8... wacko.gif
Marv's3.6six
Got the 915, looking for fitment issues. Thanx for the Wevo tip.
Howard
Piece of cake rolleyes.gif
Howard
and
Quilmes
Here is one I found on the internet, I am not sure of the engine, I am still in the Carb era.
Sorry.
Quilmes
Another view. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
There's one that was running around in the Bay Area for a while. It was sold when the owner moved to Hawaii, but it was one wicked autoXer before that! Search around for the name Tobias Olney, it was his car. (It might even be somewhere in our database here!!)

No cutting of the engine bay was required, IIRC.

--DD
J P Stein
Maybe that Orange car will show up at our local AX this year.
It's a 3.8L, BTW.
Marv's3.6six
Yah see, I don't wanna do no cuttin on the car as its a real six. Hmmm looks to me like if the whole intake/vario was flipped 180 degrees it all might fit? Any pics out there with the car with no cuttin. I'll search for this Tobias guy. Thanx for the posties. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.