Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AiM Data Trial Program
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Matt Romanowski
For anyone who wants to try out an AiM Solo, I've put together a Solo kit in a Pelican case that I will ship to you so you can try it out at your track, in your car. You'll then be able to download your data and see just how this whole data thing works! After your event, you'll ship it back to me.

This is open to anyone who wants to try out a data device in their car and/or who wants to try out an AiM device. The Solo is one of the most popular devices and does not require any connection to the car other than the suction cup mount. Installation is as easy as placing it on the windshield and locking the mount.

I'm going to charge $20 for this and if you buy any product afterword, I'll take the $20 off that invoice.

For anyone who is interested, shoot me an email at Matt@TrailBrake.net to get in the schedule!

Click to view attachment

brant
A steal!
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 19 2014, 04:23 PM) *

A steal!

It really is. This is a $400 logger. The $20 will really just barely cover shipping, so there isn't even a charge for rental or anything.

Hopefully some 914 guys will take the opportunity to see how the data can help them out in their track driving.
Woody
A buddy is using one of these for AX and he says its very impressive. After I'm done building my new engine I'll be looking for data acquisition.
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 20 2014, 06:46 AM) *

A buddy is using one of these for AX and he says its very impressive. After I'm done building my new engine I'll be looking for data acquisition.

The Solo is pretty amazing in the data it gets and then how much analysis you can do (if you want). I figured this was a great way for folks with older cars, like the 914, to see who much you can learn without having to put in a full data system. This just suction cups on the windshield. No external cables or sensors needed.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll help you figure a system out.
Jetsetsurfshop
Hey Matt,
I dropped another second at Sebring using the Solo. 47.4. Its pretty cool to see where I'm at after exiting turn 16, then trying to keep that time to the finish. driving.gif
I compared my data against my friends Corvette, of course he's faster (19.5) but our braking zones looked really similar.
Great tool for the track!
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Feb 1 2015, 02:43 PM) *

Hey Matt,
I dropped another second at Sebring using the Solo. 47.4. Its pretty cool to see where I'm at after exiting turn 16, then trying to keep that time to the finish. driving.gif
I compared my data against my friends Corvette, of course he's faster (19.5) but our braking zones looked really similar.
Great tool for the track!

Awesome! I think the ease of mounting the Solo in different cars is part of what makes it so great. You can just grab the suction cup and mount it in a friends car, an instructors car, or anyone else's. Then you have some data to compare with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.