Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost Done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
snakemain
Almost done as in almost to a drivable state where I can make some decisions, tweak settings, and take my time on the details to make it mine.

Need to figure out the front and rear valance, figure out what I'm going to do for insurance, and get it registered. Brad Mayeur and his crew have done a fantastic job!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
siverson
Nice!
KELTY360
Very nice. I really like the body color bumpers. What did you use to finish the sail panels?
snakemain
All of the black trim is just a satin black paint. Kinda gives the stock vinyl look, but with paint. The idea sounded good. I'll have to see how it holds up.
bakerj
Was lucky enough to see this beauty in person a few weeks ago... sweet.
bakerj
QUOTE(bakerj @ Dec 18 2014, 06:49 PM) *

Was lucky enough to see this beauty in person a few weeks ago... sweet.

Third brake light was really well done..
snakemain
I have gopack to thank for that one. Got the project from him after the bare metal restoration with the flares and cool 3rd brake light done.
boxsterfan
Got a closeup of the sail panels?
JRust
Looking great man! Not sure I dig the black center caps. I think a matching silver would look better. Overall that car looks sweet drooley.gif . What drivetrain do you have in it
mepstein
Great looking car. msds makes a rear flared valence.
bcheney
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 18 2014, 08:50 PM) *

Looking great man! Not sure I dig the black center caps. I think a matching silver would look better. Overall that car looks sweet drooley.gif . What drivetrain do you have in it

agree.gif about the center caps. Very nice lookin ride. 4 banger or 6?
mgp4591
Sweet ride- lots of cool details! Who did you get your headlight metal from? I really like the one piece look! first.gif
76-914
thumb3d.gif sweet ride.
snakemain
Center caps: yeah, me too. But that's what we had laying around the shop in the parts pile. They'll do until I can get some nicer ones.

Headlights: That was a custom piece done by gopack.

Sail panels: Hopefully I can get some more pics from Brad soon, if I don't actually get to see the car in person. I'm 1000 miles away from it right now.

Rear valance: I think I've decided on MSDS. Still not 100% on the front though. Not a lot of options that don't have oil cooler cutouts. I worry about a more aggressive one here in Illinois because all of the driveways have 4-6 inch curbs/bumps so I don't want something that'll get damaged by that.

Drivetrain: 2316cc Type IV. I hear it's ridiculous. smile.gif
rjames
I've never been a fan of bumpers matching the body color, but in your car's case it looks fantastic. Beautiful car. Nice job!!
first.gif
orthobiz
Glad to see it road ready. I saw it this summer in a much less together state! I love spending money at Brad Mayeur's!!!

Paul
john77
Beautiful car, I didn't notice the matching bumpers at first, but it works really well on a silver car. What size are the fuchs? Might be the lower profile of the tires, but they look like 16s or 17s to me.
snakemain
17x7 front and 17x9 rear.
Maltese Falcon
I'm shocked by all of these beautiful gts' being built here on World w00t.gif
All types of colors, interiors, engines, transaxles.
Keep up the great work !ยก
Marty
snakemain
Gopack's resto thread has some pretty good shots of the Del Sol 3rd brake light. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...48742&st=40

Some highlights:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gopack
I just noticed this thread... Make me happy and a little sad seeing it (nearly) done. It is really interesting to see my vision, tweaked to meet someone else's ideas. Interesting indeed. It may be time to find a nice 914 that is ready to go now that life is stable again!

To make the one piece headlight door, all we did was weld the eyebrows to the door IPB Image
PanelBilly
Very nice blend of old and new. It doesn't screw with the look of the car but it has special features to set it apart.
914dave
Very nice. Some unique touches. Providing the rest of us with motivation.
snakemain
Got it home yesterday and got tags at lunch, so took it for a first drive today. driving.gif It will definitely wake the neighbors! Slides nicely into 1st gear, and 2nd is great too. 3rd happens sometimes. 4th is great. 5th is a rare occurrence. Tried and failed many times. Succeeded twice, so I know it's there. Guess I need to do some adjusting.

It rides pretty nice considering what it is. Solid and tight. No rattles. Might be a little I can play with suspension wise to see what I like. I didn't get a chance to have much fun, but it feels like it'll turn as hard as I can turn the wheel.

Temps in the low 90s and humid today so I sweated my ass off.
chads74
Glad to hear you got to rake her out for a spin. I'd love to check it out when we come through Scott in a couple weeks.
snakemain
Absolutely!
gopack
Did you stick with all of the suspension stuff I had sourced? I was pretty worried about spring rates and tortion bar thickness and the anti roll bar thickness. I was also worried that the poly bronze elephant racing stuff might be too extreme for the street.. Can we see the finished pictures pkease thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Now I am happy for you and a little sad too piratenanner.gif unsure.gif
snakemain
I'll back it out and get some shots if we get a break in the rain. Until then...

Click to view attachment
gopack
Nice,
I actually really like that steering wheel, adds a modern look to the cockpit. looks like you already drove it 27 miles! AWESOME
zambezi
I agree, I too like the steering wheel. Which Momo is it?
snakemain
QUOTE(zambezi @ Jun 26 2015, 12:56 PM) *

I agree, I too like the steering wheel. Which Momo is it?

It's the Momo Eagle. 350mm, but with the Getty dash I can see the full tach and enough of the speedo. Feels good, but might be nicer an inch or two closer to me.
Larmo63
That looks like a beautiful car. beerchug.gif How does it look when the headlights are up?
snakemain
Not much different from a regular 914. I'll get a pic tomorrow. And I've got the original eyebrows painted if I ever decide I want a change...not that I'll be driving at night much...until I replace the stock headlights with some LEDs!!! smile.gif
Heeltoe914
Very nice looking car.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 26 2015, 07:29 PM) *

Very nice looking car.

agree.gif agree.gif
Congratulations on completing your build. Now go drive it like you stole it!
snakemain
Figured out 3rd and 5th gear. Ended up having to grind off about 1/16" off a fabbed bracket where the shift rod attaches to the tranny. welder.gif The shift rod wasn't able to move far enough to engage solidly in those gears. Smooth as silk now...comparatively.
Mueller
Nice looking car....I like the black center caps on the wheels!

Geezer914
Very nice ride. Enjoy it every day! driving.gif
snakemain
New toy in the mail today.

Now you see me...
Click to view attachment

Now you don't.
Click to view attachment

Absolutely no reason why the pics show up sideways here, but you can see that I can see the speedo better, and the steering wheel is about 2" closer to my hands which is way more comfortable. Can't wait to test drive!
MoveQik
QUOTE(snakemain @ Dec 18 2014, 04:45 PM) *

Almost done as in almost to a drivable state where I can make some decisions

Looks great! My car was done once. It has been redone twice since then. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.