Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird Body Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bakerj
Found this while using searchtempest.. What kind of body is this?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ctd/4810817255.html

IPB Image
eric9144

AA body kits blink.gif
Thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63917
VaccaRabite
Looks like the old 9014 kit.
One of the nicer examples of it that I have seen.

Zach
wndsnd
That is just weird.
IronHillRestorations
Looks kinda OK from just the right angle in photos, but a total abomination in person
mepstein
Classic 70's kit car style. barf.gif
poorsche914
The prototype for that kit sits in the driveway of a neighbor two blocks from where I live. Not in the best condition barf.gif

driving.gif
cwpeden
The 4 inch lift kinda ruins it. That and the fact that it used to be a 914.
rjames
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 18 2014, 06:48 PM) *

Zach

I agree. It isn't bad compared to most of the other kits. Doesn't necessarily make it good, just on the other end of the spectrum.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 18 2014, 08:48 PM) *

Zach

agree.gif At least they eliminated the 914 lights. They look TERRIBLE with 2 sets of lights. Take those wheels off and drop it a couple inches and you might have something there...I like weird cars though.
Cuda911
My opinion: That kits sucks. Sucks royally.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(bakerj @ Dec 18 2014, 06:34 PM) *

Found this while using searchtempest.. What kind of body is this?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ctd/4810817255.html

IPB Image

Put a Ferrari badge on it & hang out in Nashville...... cheer.gif
DMCF1Fast
It's suppose to look like a 904. Here is a not yet available 904 kit car based on a boxster. Oh the possibilities...

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
drooley.gif drooley.gif
dcecc1968
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 18 2014, 09:56 PM) *

That is just weird.

Wnsnd, is it just me or does it look like the car in your Avatar ?
-Don
mepstein
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ Dec 19 2014, 03:34 PM) *

It's suppose to look like a 904. Here is a not yet available 904 kit car based on a boxster. Oh the possibilities...

Nice but ....

But the conversion from Boxster to this glorious throwback will cost just under £60,000 - and that doesn't include the donor car or any additional work.
monkeyboy
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ Dec 19 2014, 12:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Wow!
rjames
Love everything but where they put the mirrors. I've seen pictures of 904's where the mirror was mounted at the door. Looks better, IMHO.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 19 2014, 02:16 PM) *
Love everything but where they put the mirrors. I've seen pictures of 904's where the mirror was mounted at the door. Looks better, IMHO.

Wouldn't work for the Boxster kit since the rear wheel arch is much higher than on the real thing.

A door mounted mirror would only show you your rear fender ...
shades.gif
VaccaRabite
Assuming its not a rusty wreck under all the fiberglass, I'd put a chevy in it, lower it an inch or 2, use some more 904-ish wheels and drive the dickens out of it.

Its probably prioced about 3K over what it will sell for, again assuming the stucture of the car is not swiss cheese.
Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 19 2014, 06:33 PM) *

Assuming its not a rusty wreck under all the fiberglass, I'd put a chevy in it, lower it an inch or 2, use some more 904-ish wheels and drive the dickens out of it.

Its probably prioced about 3K over what it will sell for, again assuming the stucture of the car is not swiss cheese.
Zach

I'm sure it has rust, dickens and whatever else was needed to install that kit.
MMW
904099 with mirror on drivers side fender. That thing (9014?) just doesn't look right.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Sfreeman615
I almost went and bought it today just for the hell of it! Kinda cool looking, but I agree with some above, I'd have to lower it and get different wheels for sure, May go look at it tomorrow and see what shape its in. It's about 30 minutes from my house, worth a look!
Chris Pincetich
agree.gif
worth a look beerchug.gif
That's a "classic" car fo sho biggrin.gif
Spoke
A friend here in PA who does 356 restoration says he worked together with George to develop the body kit for this car. I saw some of the prototype body panels at his shop.
veekry9
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 19 2014, 05:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

That's the Beck904,of course it looks better.
http://www.beck904.com/photos/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDIGtLdy--4

Good value for the expense.
With a lottery win,one of my first purchases,because he did it right.
biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.