Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need help with shipping from overseas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Hey all,
I'm looking at bidding on a item on ebay. The fella is in Wales. I asked him the shipping on the item and the dialog went like this......

Seller,
Do you have a ballpark cost on shipping costs to Columbus, Ohio USA? I'm really interested in your item. However I want to make sure that I have my ducks in a row with shipping costs from overseas. Thank you, Steve"

OOPS sorry Steve .Thought you were asking about the stamps, got my head on crooked this morning. The analyser is a lot heavier, costs are-- Surface mail --£3.90--del--56 days.... Airmail----£8.30---del--5 days..... Sorry about that.........Regards......Bob

Now I did a conversion from GPB £8.30 to USD and it only came out to $15.66

OK something is wrong here..... I can't ship squat here in the US for that cheap.

There must be some sort of hidden cost here I'm missing? Figured one of you has had items shipped from overseas before.

THANKS!

SpecialK
I shipped a steering wheel to the UK, and it cost around $28.00 IIRC (60 days or something like that), and the alternative of 2 weeks was waaaaay higher. I kept thinking, "Hell, I could row a boat there in 60 days....what, are they taking the long way around the planet?").

Edit: I should mention I used USPS.
vortrex
you would be shocked. my gf ships stuff to japan all the time and it does not seem any more expensive than domestic!
Steve Thacker
Well I guess this is going to be a no-brainer. I was worried that once it got it shipped to the US that I would have to have UPS or USPS or someone finish sending it along to me "for an additional fee" plus tariffs, etc. Looks like this is not the case.

OK I'm going for it.

Thanks Fellas!
GWN7
I shipped some pants to a guy in England. Cost $32.00 USD. If I was to ship it from here they wanted $121.00 CDN.

You can check the USPS web site and see what it would cost to ship it that way and the reverse should be the same (or close to it).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.