Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Happy with Al Reed Fuch's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
Just got my wheels back from Al Reed and I am very happy with the results back to original anodizing & black paint. I have always used Harvey in the past but his lead time (8 to 10 months) was too long for me to wait. Al was 6 weeks! These are 5.5" x 14" and are going on my '70 914-6.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

JRust
drooley.gif Those look amazing. Al does great work & is a great guy. I've talked with him at an event or 2. I have yet to send him wheels but will in the future when I need a set done beyond what I can do.
pilothyer
Those are some sexy wheels................Stand beside tire installer with Sig Sauer in hand biggrin.gif
Larmo63
Price?
wndsnd
Sweeeeet .........

John
Bulldog9
Those rims are beautiful, am considering a set of these, anyone have experience with them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEEP-6s-Porsche-De...%3D151186399821
Cairo94507
Those came out beautiful. That is a quick turn-a-round time too. I dropped mine at Harvey's but then again my car is a ways off before we worry about putting wheels on it.
pete000
Can't beat Al for quality, speed and price !
Larmo63
This has probably been posted here before, but this guy has an interesting approach to refinishing/repainting Fuchs wheels:

http://www.themotoringjournal.com/featured...hs-at-home.html
Mike Fitton
Now I had to match the center caps to the newly refinished wheels. So I used Dupli-Color engine enamel paint and the color was called "Cast Coat Aluminum". I then finished them off with some satin clear, take a look:

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Comanchepilot
Looks Excellent!!
Chris Pincetich
acceptable biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
shades.gif
GeorgeRud
Getting ready for French Lick Parade? Great looking wheels!
Mike Fitton
Ok, got my Al Reed wheels mounted 5.5 x 14's and I went with the Goodyear 195/70/14 from tire rack, very happy. Had my 2.7 engine pulled and some work done at Perfect Power locally. Had the engine and trans cleaned and degreased, they replaced most of the seals, gaskets and oil lines, so fixed all of the leaks. Rear flares are going back to stock in early spring along with some paint work. Just took it out for a nice drive today here in Chicago, might be it for awhile snow is coming this weekend! ****I do have the original matching 2.0 engine sitting in my garage**

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DRPHIL914
Mike those look great!!! I have the same 14" fuchs, all 5 matching in fact. Might send the to Al too, . Where did you get your center caps? I need a set of those but was not sure of what the exact size was.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 1 2015, 02:38 PM) *

Mike those look great!!! I have the same 14" fuchs, all 5 matching in fact. Might send the to Al too, . Where did you get your center caps? I need a set of those but was not sure of what the exact size was.

As long as your 14" fuch's are pre '73 they take the center caps with the 3 prongs on back I got my on Ebay one at a time then painted them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.