Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
stevegm
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jun 9 2015, 01:12 AM) *

Got my first issue today, thanks! Very nice layout, really enjoy it!!!

Great job!!!!!!

Grassroots Motorsports is yours? I got a free copy in the mail last year and thought it was good.

Thanks. No, I just worked with them about a decade ago on some projects. I've known the owners since they founded it in the 80s. One of my 914s was on the cover back then. Grassroots and Classic Motorsports are both great magazines.
dangerranger01
Steve, did you send out the next issue of the mag (either pdf or the hard-copy)??
Johny Blackstain
No sign of issue #2 yet, did they mail out on the 1st?
blink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 9 2015, 12:59 PM) *

blink.gif

They have been sent to the printer. Waiting to get them back. Then we will mail them out. It turned out to be a good issue. We made some minor improvements. We are trying figure out how to make the centerfold removable.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jul 9 2015, 01:20 PM) *

blink.gif

We are trying figure out how to make the centerfold removable.

No staples in the bellybutton.
Big Len
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jul 9 2015, 01:20 PM) *

blink.gif

They have been sent to the printer. Waiting to get them back. Then we will mail them out. It turned out to be a good issue. We made some minor improvements. We are trying figure out how to make the centerfold removable.

I hope she's an asian girl......I love asian girls.
stevegm
We made quite a few changes for issue 2 - centerfold, more modern look, full bleed photos, more tech stuff, improved how-to layout, more cars, more events, and in Issue 3 we are starting a series of articles on the history of the 914. I'd still like to get more Subaru conversion stuff, and more about the people behind the cars. But it's a work in progress.
nein14
Did the PDF go out
Johny Blackstain
Got my issue #2 today Steve- cool issue beer.gif

BTW- I drove my "garage queen" to Okteenerfest last year dry.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 31 2015, 02:56 PM) *

Got my issue #2 today Steve- cool issue beer.gif

BTW- I drove my "garage queen" to Okteenerfest last year dry.gif

Thanks. Glad you like it.
ndfrigi
received mine today from mail! thanks again!
oakpark
Got mine today, and hid to start reading. looks great. I'll have it with me at Potter's Picnic tomorrow for Chicago Region.
stevegm
QUOTE(oakpark @ Jul 31 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Got mine today, and hid to start reading. looks great. I'll have it with me at Potter's Picnic tomorrow for Chicago Region.

Thanks. Send pictures. Would love to see what's there.
Java2570
Got mine yesterday, thanks Steve!!
stevegm
We are looking for a nice Subaru conversion to feature in the magazine later this year. If you have one, please PM me.
Steve
I received a pdf last time, but so far I have not received this issue.
dangerranger01
Haven't seen anything.

Why don't the paying subscribers get the pdf sent to them first...or why isn't it sent out to everyone at the same time?....
Geezer914
Just sent payment via paypal, start me with the first addition. Thanks, John Carnevale, Salem, NJ.
914itis
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Aug 1 2015, 10:09 PM) *

Haven't seen anything.

Why don't the paying subscribers get the pdf sent to them first...or why isn't it sent out to everyone at the same time?....

None a of to date, no mail, no PDF.
Socalandy
Got mine today aktion035.gif

Thanks
Larmo63
I'm pissed my helmet photo didn't make the cover!!!

Just kidding, Thank You Steve and your wife for endeavoring to publish this exquisite tome to the 914 Porsche!!!!!!!
stevegm
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Aug 1 2015, 10:09 PM) *

Haven't seen anything.

The electronic/PDF version has been a challenge (go figure?). Bounced emails, bad emails, large file, etc. We didn't have an efficient way to send out such a large number of emails at once. I should be able to get it on the website today. The currently thinking is to put it up on the site and let people download it, rather than send it out via email. It will, however, lag the print version a little.

stevegm
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 2 2015, 12:39 AM) *

I'm pissed my helmet photo didn't make the cover!!!

Just kidding, Thank You Steve and your wife for endeavoring to publish this exquisite tome to the 914 Porsche!!!!!!!

Thanks. Tried to put it on the cover. The image wasn't tall enough.
DRPHIL914
Have not seen mine yet, but I hope to soon : shades.gif
Mikey914
Got mine.
Might want to try a digital download formant. You can set it up on Godaddy and announce when its ready for the digital,
trojanhorsepower
Got mine yesterday!
stevegm
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 2 2015, 12:18 PM) *

Got mine.
Might want to try a digital download formant. You can set it up on Godaddy and announce when its ready for the digital,

Ya, that's what we are working on now. Sending out a thousand emails didn't prove to be efficient. Too many bounces back, etc. We are working on making it a downloadable file on the website after the print copy of each issue is mailed.
stevegm
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 2 2015, 12:18 PM) *

Got mine.

Double post. Sorry.
Steve
I just paid online for the printed version. I need something in the mail to look forward too.
RenoRoger
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 1 2015, 03:56 PM) *

We are looking for a nice Subaru conversion to feature in the magazine later this year. If you have one, please PM me.

Steve;

Over the years, the readership of this site has benefitted tremendously from the wisdom and sage advise given by the late John Larson, aka Cap'n Krusty. What if you were to publish a special glove box booklet devoted to the topics he responded to?? I would be ready to shell out a decent amount for such a project. It would preserve his legacy. We could even designate part of the income as a donation to his favorite charity.

How easy would it be to extract the information from 914world archives? Are there any copyright hurdles to overcome?

RenoRoger
775-747-2019
stevegm
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Aug 2 2015, 08:28 PM) *

Steve;

Over the years, the readership of this site has benefitted tremendously from the wisdom and sage advise given by the late John Larson, aka Cap'n Krusty. What if you were to publish a special glove box booklet devoted to the topics he responded to?? I would be ready to shell out a decent amount for such a project. It would preserve his legacy. We could even designate part of the income as a donation to his favorite charity.

How easy would it be to extract the information from 914world archives? Are there any copyright hurdles to overcome?

RenoRoger
775-747-2019

Excellent idea. We are working on a feature article, with his wife for the upcoming issue of the magazine to honor him. But, a "Cap'n Krusty's" tips is a neat idea. Is that what you had in mind?
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 2 2015, 08:44 PM) *

Steve;

RenoRoger
775-747-2019

Excellent idea. We are working on a feature article, with his wifem for the upcoming issue of the magazine to honor him. But, a "Cap'n Krusty's" tips is a neat idea. Is that what you had in mind?

That's a great idea
stevegm

Steve;

RenoRoger
775-747-2019

I was also considering dedicating the 2016 calendar to him, and maybe doing a page about him in the calendar.
stevegm
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 2 2015, 05:29 PM) *

I just paid online for the printed version. I need something in the mail to look forward too.

Thanks. PM if you want it to start with issue 1 (April), and I'll send you that issue along with July.
rgolia
Steve,

I thought I was on the list of those getting a pdf...sounds like maybe the printed version would be the better way to go...what do I have to do?
malcolm2
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jun 5 2015, 04:01 PM) *

First, let me say thanks to everyone for their patience.

The print version distribution went smoothly (until I went on vacation. But, then again, my wife deserved a break, and as the CFO she funds my 914 fun. :-) The system we used to distribute the email PDF version, however, didn't work well. I have been involved with three magazines in the past (One I founded about a decade ago, Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports). But, with those we didn't do email pdf versions. So, we are still figuring that side of it out. Also, normally, subscriptions ordered after the drop date of an issue start with the next issue. But, with the first issue, we had a lot of people request that first issue even though they subscribed after April 1st (understandably so). And we want to accommodate those that want the first issue to have a complete set. Moving forward with future issues, the deadline for subscriptions to include a particular issue (other than ordering a back issue) will be the print date of the issue.

Anyhow, long story short, we are working through the bugs, and I appreciate your patience. I will verify all orders of magazines, shirts, and posters, etc. this weekend and make sure they have all been fulfilled. I think they have (with the exception of the lady's Save the 914 shirts and lady's The Other Woman is a 914 shirts, both of which should be done next week)

Here are the print dates for the issues in 2015, etc.

Issue 1 - April 1st. We still have some extra copies. If you want one let me know.
Issue 2 - July 1st
Issue 3 - October 1st
Issue 4 - January 1st
And so on.

I think we now have a system in place to distribute these smoothly. Thank you again for your support and patience. We couldn't do it without you.

BTW: The stories we have for issue 2 are great. I hope you enjoy it.

I figured I would also let you know.... I did receive #1 print version.... but nothing else after that. No email version, and no 2nd issue.

Clark Allen
Mount Juliet, TN
hndyhrr
I also have not received the latest issue in the mail. Have not received PDF for either of the issues. Will see what the post man brings today.

Love the printed Mag.

Renee
nein14
Hi Steve just went online paid for the printed version can I get a copy of the first issue Thanks
hndyhrr
Got mine today

THANKS!
Cuda911
Haven't received Issue #2 either. Can you check into it, Steve?

Thanks!

Mike
Phoenix914
My issue #2 came yesterday. Thanks, Steve!
shelby/914
Todays mail came and no magazine yet. hissyfit.gif I did receive the first one.

Dan
stevegm
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Aug 5 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Todays mail came and no magazine yet. hissyfit.gif I did receive the first one.

Dan

PM me your first and last name and I will check it.
stevegm
I wanted to make sure that you everyone saw that the downloadable PDF of the July issue is available on the website. Just go to - FourteenerMotoring.com - and click on - Read Issue 2 in the menu. Right now, I think this is the best way to handle the PDF version. It will lag the print version by a few weeks for each issue. But, then it will be available to download on the website.

The print version of the October issue goes to press September 7th, and will be mailed October 1st. We have moved all of our deadlines up to make sure these go out on time, in addition to making changes in an effort to automate our distribution system. If you want a subscription to the print version of the magazine, you can subscribe here.

Finally, if you know anyone with a 914, please tell them about the magazine. The 914 community is a relatively small one. Whether it is the print version or the PDF download, it is our goal to have everyone involved and receiving the magazine. Spread the word.
theleschyouknow
got mine in the mail sometime last week!
don't know exactly when because nobody in my house bothered to tell me it had arrived!
haven't had a chance to read it yet I had planned to read it on a road trip this weekend but my wife's car had other ideas...
maddin
Mine arrived in the mail yesterday! Fantastic..thank you! :-)
Kaeferfreund
My #2 was delivered just today - 7000 km abroad smilie_flagge6.gif .
Thanks for just another interesting issue.

Kaeferfreund
john_f
Mine also arrived today in Devon, UK. Many thanks for an interesting read.
nein14
QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 3 2015, 10:33 AM) *

Hi Steve just went online paid for the printed version can I get a copy of the first issue Thanks

Nothing yet 10 days
stevegm
QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 15 2015, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 3 2015, 10:33 AM) *

Nothing yet 10 days

Got your PM that you found it (at the neighbor's). Someones messaged me last week that their wife had misplaced theirs. It happens. :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.