Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fourteener Motoring Magazine - UPDATE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Mblizzard
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 3 2016, 07:39 AM) *

Thanks to everyone for the input. One of the main suggestions I have gotten has been to increase the size of the magazine. We have been debating between increasing the frequency to 6 issues per year, or increase the size to a larger format. I think I prefer to increase the physical size, for a number of reasons. If we increase it to 7 by 10 (the same size as the old Pano magazine), it would give us more room for more content, as well as make the print and pictures larger.

My question is this - to increase the size of the magazine, we would need to increase the yearly subscription to $30.00 (for 4 issues). How does everyone feel about this?

It is most important that we keep readers. The last thing I want to do is run any readers off because the price went up.

For me, the cost is less important than the content. More content makes it worth the higher price. Same content not so much.....
stevegm
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 4 2016, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 3 2016, 07:39 AM) *

Thanks to everyone for the input. One of the main suggestions I have gotten has been to increase the size of the magazine. We have been debating between increasing the frequency to 6 issues per year, or increase the size to a larger format. I think I prefer to increase the physical size, for a number of reasons. If we increase it to 7 by 10 (the same size as the old Pano magazine), it would give us more room for more content, as well as make the print and pictures larger.

My question is this - to increase the size of the magazine, we would need to increase the yearly subscription to $30.00 (for 4 issues). How does everyone feel about this?

It is most important that we keep readers. The last thing I want to do is run any readers off because the price went up.

For me, the cost is less important than the content. More content makes it worth the higher price. Same content not so much.....

We are always working to add more content and more pages. A larger format would give us more room for more misc. content. Not really more features, per se. But more odds and ends. Tid bits. And slightly larger text (very slight - like 1 or 2 points larger). But the biggest benefit would be larger pictures. Plus the magazine would present better overall.
ChristopherB
I love the magazine and it has kept me motivated as I saved funds to repair my broken engine. I would love the larger format, as there would be room for more content and bigger pics.
Geezer914
When is the renewal fee due?
Larmo63
I read mine from cover to cover. Great work, Steve, and thank you for all you do for our hobby!!!!
stevegm
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 5 2016, 03:48 PM) *

When is the renewal fee due?

We will send you a renewal notice about 11 months after your original subscription date.
cary
Just sent in my subscription and ordered one each of the back issues.
Johny Blackstain
Got mine last week & just re-upped my subscription.
smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
Best issue yet. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 8 2016, 09:53 AM) *

Chicks?
stevegm
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 8 2016, 12:53 PM) *

Thanks. I thought so too.
LowBridge
how have I been missing this magazine... I just order it and cannot wait to get it
stevegm
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Feb 9 2016, 08:03 AM) *

how have I been missing this magazine... I just order it and cannot wait to get it

It is on the way.
stevegm
A number of people suggested we increase the size of the magazine. We did a lot of work to see if we could make it work. We are increasing the overall size (similar size to the old Pano), starting with the April issue. It will give us space for more content (50% more space), bigger photos, and slightly larger text. I think it will be great, and can't wait to have more room to work with. beerchug.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 10 2016, 08:53 PM) *

A number of people suggested we increase the size of the magazine. We did a lot of work to see if we could make it work. We are increasing the overall size (similar size to the old Pano), starting with the April issue. It will give us space for more content (50% more space), bigger photos, and slightly larger text. I think it will be great, and can't wait to have more room to work with. beerchug.gif

piratenanner.gif
karmann
Got mine in the post yesterday, sent to the sunny UK
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 10 2016, 08:53 PM) *

Cool! cheer.gif
Kaeferfreund
Delivered this week smilie_flagge6.gif

Once again: good job Steve!
cary
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 8 2016, 07:56 AM) *

All four showed up today. Thanks Steve.
stevegm
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 25 2016, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Feb 8 2016, 07:56 AM) *

All four showed up today. Thanks Steve.

Cool. You got one of the last copies of issue two. I have about 10 copies left of that issue. We didn't order many extra copies early on. We have been pleasantly surprised how many people are ordering back issues. I hope you enjoy them.
cary
Got my new larger Spring copy today. Wow ....................
wes
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 28 2016, 10:42 PM) *

Got my new larger Spring copy today. Wow ....................

piratenanner.gif agree.gif
kid914
ordered the e copy twice.....nothing. confused24.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(kid914 @ Jun 29 2016, 11:47 AM) *

ordered the e copy twice.....nothing. confused24.gif

We did an email version initially last year (in addition to the print version). But we ran into two problems - the size of the pdf file, and the admin associated with keeping up with that many email addresses (bounced emails, changes to email addresses, etc.). So we are focusing on the print version only. It is growing nicely. In that regard, we have increased the format (now it is the same size as the old Pano), and we are working with getting more writers, etc. The summer issue will be out in about a month, and includes some great 914s.
Kaeferfreund
Steve

New issue out in summer? Sounds good. Hope you could ship near-term to abroad.

BTW: My spring issue was delivered just today. All fine. Great job!

Best regards from Germany

Kaeferfreund
cary
Just cracked a beer and I'm sitting under the shade tree and and about to read it cover to cover.
RRietman
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 29 2016, 06:22 PM) *

Just cracked a beer and I'm sitting under the shade tree and and about to read it cover to cover.

how do I subscribe?
Randy
74 1.8
hndyhrr
Got mine also! Great job!
Cuda911
Love the new larger size!

What, no one submitted a story about the 2016 Route 66 trip? hissyfit.gif
LowBridge
OMG... the spring addition is in the mail, it's like Christmas and the waiting is killing me Jumpy.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(RRietman @ Jun 29 2016, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jun 29 2016, 06:22 PM) *

how do I subscribe?
Randy
74 1.8

You can subscribe here - https://savethe914.myshopify.com/collection...ar-subscription
Coondog
Just did, thanks
nein14
Didn't get mine yet
StratPlayer
Ditto
rgolia
same....no show
Johny Blackstain
me too, still waiting
Andyrew
I think they got sent out in batches. I got mine on Friday.
nein14
Still. Nothing confused24.gif
mepstein
I got one a week ago.
914Next
QUOTE(nein14 @ Jul 9 2016, 08:29 AM) *

Still. Nothing confused24.gif

I have not received mine yet either??
nein14
Still nothing confused24.gif
sfrenck
Me neither
t collins
Didn't get mine either
stevegm
QUOTE(t collins @ Jul 15 2016, 05:25 AM) *

Didn't get mine either

Hmm. All have shipped a while back. It could be a number of variables. Subscription ended and wasn't renewed? Or we could have just messed up. Accounting for subscriptions is the necessary evil of the magazine industry. :-) We are still learning how to handle it. Either way, PM me your first and last name and I will check it, and send you a copy today.

The Summer issue will be out in mid-August. I think you will like the stories.
pete000
I received mine, I like the larger format. Lots of good information about the M471 and 914 I din't know.

Keep up the great work !

Thanks !
rktmn247
I received mine! Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif Also a second copy showed up today.
NS914
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Jul 16 2016, 03:35 AM) *

I received mine! Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif Also a second copy showed up today.

yup, I got mine as well!
trojanhorsepower
I got two!
Steve
I just got mine today!! Very special!!
nein14
Got mine today nice larger format piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.