Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta sell it all for a home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Haudiosolutions
I'm selling this great little 914 so I can get a larger down payment on a home. I hate to see it go but my priorities have changed but I hope to be shopping again soon for another once we get settled. This white with a custom red interior, new carpet and rennline track mats. The strong running 1.7 (It feels like it may be massaged a little but it's never been pulled by me) is very dependable and durable coupled with an updated side shift transmission with all new shift bushings and clutch cable installed. I have never hesitated to take it on four hour road trips and ran great behind some sixes just fine on the Dragon. The body and paint is in good condition. There are a couple small bubbles in the paint and there is a some rust in the battery tray area. I do have some of the replacement metal including the battery tray and long reinforcements and left side lower donut for this area but I've never gotten around to doing this. Although there is some rust which will need some attention at some point, the longs are in solid shape and this chassis has very little to no flex. Doors open and shut without issue with a large adult passenger and driver. I've also fit wide Porsche cup wheels into the flared fenders with run-flat tires. These tires do make the ride harder than with standard performance tires. The car has 916 front bumper but I also have a metal bumper which needs a little finishing and paint which does include a new lower air dam. I am also including brand new GT rocker covers (not installed) and a 1973 parts car (roller) with TONS of extra parts, panels, wheels including 2 liter fuches and an additional set of wheels and interior with seats, and 2 liter console with guages. A side shift transmission, pair of webber 40idf carbs including intakes for 2 liter heads, 2 liter case, good crank and bags of new seals bearings and misc parts which are also included. As I said, TONS of extra parts. Willing to negotiate some but do not be insulting. I know what all is involved in fixing some of the rust but the price DOES also reflect all the extras. Send me an email first and I'll respond as quickly as I see it. derrick.bailey@charter.net One of the photos is courtesy of Steve (Poorsche914)Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Hi Derrick: I read your listing and you cover a lot in the narrative. Pictures sell cars. Also, are the flares steel or glass? Did you drill the hubs or do a 5 lug conversion? Does everything work? What does not work if no to prior question. Let's see the trunks, engine compartment, underside, etc. All these things will save you time and help potential buyers decide if your car is the right one for them. I know it takes some time to shoot photos, but it pays off in the end. Good luck with the sale.
Haudiosolutions
Thanks for the tips. There is so much to cover and I will get more pics of the other areas soon. The car is being kept inside my inlaws garage. The flares are glass and the wheels were used with five lug adaptors which I had made from billet aluminum specifically for this. More pics to come soon.
rmdinmd
asking price?
Haudiosolutions
8k for everything.

BIGKAT_83
You need to post some more pictures of the interior. I've seen this in person and the interior is VERY VERY nice.
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 23 2014, 02:45 PM) *

You need to post some more pictures of the interior. I've seen this in person and the interior is VERY VERY nice.

Thank you. The car isn't a perfect example but has been a great car and has been take care of during my time with it. I'll get more pics of the entire car after Christmas. So much going on at the moment.
Haudiosolutions
Some additional pics.
MikeInMunich
There is a guy who just posted he wants a 914 for his wife, in VA. If she likes red, this might be interesting for them and they're not too far from you.

IMHO this is an interesting deal at $8,000 as the extra KEY parts mentioned, included in that price alone add up to about 2k...Fuchs, console, side shift trains, 2.0 heads, Weber carbs, 2.0 crank...

Just my 2 cents. We need a 2 cents emoticon.

M.i.M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.