Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out this teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
72Signal914
I don't know how many of you periodically go on Flat-6.net's forum, I used to be on it a lot until I found this BBS (which is the best foum on the net cool.gif ). A guy has been looking for a teener for a while and finally got one. Check it out, it's a bute

Nice Teener
fuch toy
2.0 in a 72 with a tail slapper, huh.....?

Hmmmm, bet it's a 1.7 with a big bore kit.....well if he's happy...... blink.gif

I can't tell HOW MANY times I have called on a 914 and heard that crap.....stick my hand in there and it's four bolts on the head, not three. GOD, I hate that.....
Qarl
Aren't those Pedrini's not Mahle's.

It does LOOK nice, but it is a 20' camera shot, right?
Brad Roberts
Pedrini's...

100% restored (they didnt have 2.0's in 72 Model year cars)..wait.. before I open my mouth.. I know there will be at LEAST ONE somewhere.

B
Lawrence
There were 2.0s in 72...

There were all 2.0/6's. driving.gif
Mueller
There is someone on the list that has a factory '72 2.0 /4 model...I just cannot remember who right now.
Bleyseng
Don't tell me! Its in Tennesee!
Geoff
72Signal914
Chi-cago is where he got it, Mine is a 72 but rebuilt from a 1.7L. As far as my knowledge goes there weren't any 2.0L 4's but there might be.
ninefourteener
finger.gif Hi there.... just to clear up any misconceptions, you guys are right, they are Pedrinis, not Mahles--My bad.

When I said it was restored to 100% original, I also said "with the exception of the engine" The carbs make it unoriginal right off the bat.

It is a 2.0L, professionally rebuilt top and bottom about 2000 miles ago. Descent cam and oversized valves, but primarily stock. The tranny (tailshifter) and the rest of the car are either original, or restored to original.

The color?? well, it's original, and I guess it grew un me..... What really got me was the overall quality of workmanship used on the restoration..... and the brown interior with no rips or tears. I don't even think you can buy any other color but back anymore. I searched for MONTHS for a car in the shape that this one is in...So I'm happy with it.

Thanks for turning me on to this site...you're right, it is much better that flat6. Take care
ninefourteener
ohmy.gif Sorry about the finger thing....... I thought that was a wave....not a "fuck you" thing.

I apologize...new here
Brad Roberts
Welcome to the board...!!

The car appears to be very nice. If you have thick skin.. you'll fit in fine here.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 3 2003, 12:49 PM)
ohmy.gif Sorry about the finger thing....... I thought that was a wave....not a "fuck you" thing.

I apologize...new here

you can edit your posts. just replace the finger with the wave cool.gif

finger finger.gif

wave wavey.gif
Brad Roberts
I kinda liked his first post... it was a : "dont give me shit about my car" post..LOL

B
Part Pricer
He'll fit in fine. It's not everyone that gives us all the finger on his very first post. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jun 3 2003, 12:53 PM)
He'll fit in fine. It's not everyone that gives us all the finger on his very first post. biggrin.gif

yeah, that's usually the second post, after we all replied to the first post laugh.gif
ninefourteener
finger.gif Fine..I'll keep the damn finger then LOL

So, am I completely out of linre trying to trade wheels? These are the absolute cleanest I've ever seen, I just really prefer the fuchs or the aftermarket mags
Brad Roberts
Trade them is fine.. they just wont bring big money. Fuchs will run you 500$ in decent condition for 5 of them. Make sure you keep your lug bolts. They are not cheap.

B
Brad Roberts
I dont think we have had anybody sign up and KNOW how to use the BBS in his first post.

You had a avatar...
You had a signature...
You used the F-You finger guy
You own a running 914

What is this club coming to ??

B
ninefourteener
I'm not looking for any money, but I'm not looking to SPEND any money either, you know?

I have the ability and the time to really clean up an older set of wheels, I just figured someone might be interested in a set that is literally mint.

I know tweeks has the 8 spoke wheels for about 350...I might just buy them, and hand onto these for posterity...or whatever
Brad Roberts
DO NOT buy the 8 spokes. They are for VW bugs.. you cant get a wide tire under the car..The offset is incorrect for our cars. Yes you have seen them on other cars.. they are cheap.. but seriously you can put anything larger than a stock tire depending on your alignment. Go with a set of Fuchs 2.0 alloys.

B
ninefourteener
LOL.... I heard the site was descent, so I wanted to set up a profile first thing.

I'm pretty good with 914s...not the greatest with computers though
Brad Roberts
We have a lot of fun here... we try to let people moderate themselves. Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesnt.

The knowledge base is second to NONE.

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2003, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jun 3 2003, 12:53 PM)
He'll fit in fine. It's not everyone that gives us all the finger on his very first post.   biggrin.gif

yeah, that's usually the second post, after we all replied to the first post laugh.gif

YUP - I didn't didn't give Andy the finger 'till my second post.
Since then I use a lot more mueba.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif clap56.gif ar15.gif instead.

ninefourteener - Welcome to the BBS
seanery
finger.gif

I've got some fake fuchs on 195's on my white car I'd consider trading.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I haven't checked them out thouroughly. The car is in SF now, but coming east soon.

-sean
:finger2:
72Signal914
Do I get something for turning him to this site....if not finger.gif

On a more serious note, Welcome to the BBS

and Brad if he knows how to do everything right away, I think we got a keeper biggrin.gif
ninefourteener
Well, thanks to all..... I CLAIM to know a good bit about the 914, but there is always someone who knows more, and I'm definately in need of more knowledge.

Response to Fake fuchs: I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that one. Your car looks incredible, but I'm not a real big fan of the black painted insets on that wheel. Not to mention the shipping costs would really cost me a few bucks as well.

Question on the 8 spokes: I've seen several 914s with the 8 spoke wheels and 195 tires. Why is it that it has worked for them, without rolling the fenders? Are you saying that I'll only be able to go with a 165 tire on the 8 spoke wheels? What is the difference in the backspacing between the 2 wheels? They are both 5.5 inches wide right?

Input...need input icon14.gif
Brad Roberts
Tire makers are all different. One tire that says 195 on it.. may not actually measure 195.

The wheels are 5.5.. but the offset is not the same as the 914 wheels.

I like the wheels... just dont like the fact that they typically rub if you try to get a 195 under the car with Empi's. Again.. it comes down to your alignment and the condition of the car. People bought them because they are dirt cheap. Keep the Pedrini's.. it makes the car look nice.

B
vortrex
there should be a hold time for when people buy 914's. you cannot do any cheesy updates or changes for at least 6 months. biggrin.gif

that's such a sweet looking car, don't ruin it!

GREAT COLOR.
scottb
hey ntf'er.....

just don't mention politics, religions, anything car related made in japan or... dare it say.... the FRENCH.... and you will be fine!!!!!

les femmes françaises sont grandes ! ils ne rasent pas et ils sentent très gentils ! et il y a bière vraiment gâtée là, excepté les types belges.
scottb
oh, and i dig the color of the car..... sweet ride..... beerchug.gif

les femmes françaises dans des voitures sont très gentilles si elles ne portent aucun vêtements.
ninefourteener
Well, actually, Everything is brand spanking new on the car (less than 2K). The brakes, rotors, calipers, shocks, springs, etc..... ans it wasn't lowered or altered at all..... it is exactly as it came new. So if I'm going to have a problem getting a descent tire under the car, you're right, I should stay away from those. Especially considering I was planning on dropping it an inch in the near future. That would make matters even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Fuchs, but I know they are hard to come by. I figure SOMEONE has to have a descent set out there that they'd be willing to swap out.

I mean it quite literally, these wheels look like they were just bought from Porsche in the 70's, and haven't even been put on a car yet. I'll stick around, there will be someone willing to swap, I'm not in a rush.

Thanks for the info
ninefourteener
I've gotten so many mixed comments on the color. Personally, I love it. It reminds me of the late 60s, early 70s "limelight" color that chrysler used (here comes the hate mail). But yet, my neighbor has already adopter the term "snotmobile"--LOL

That coupled with the fact that it's a brown interior, and a center console...... I had to have it. I'm just tickled that I found it.

I just don't really care for the wheels.... other than that, I'm stoked over it

Thanks for the compliments beerchug.gif
Qarl
I really looks like a nice car... Please don't molest it.

Either leave the stock wheels or put on some Fuchs. I'd steer away from the Empis or fake Fuchs.

I'd keep this one stock and look for another one to rag on.

Honestly, I've never liked the 4-bolt Fuchs wheels.. I've always preferred the Mahles. 5-bolt fuchs, that's a different story.

Take some more pics and post them here!

Welcome to the group. Your input and B.S. will be appreciated.

Regards,
Mueller
I'd save your money and get these Panasports instead of the 8-Spoke Empi wheels. The Panasports are better quality and they come in more sizes to correctly fit the 914. (15x6's and 15x7's are available)
(Tire Rack or Americas Tires/Discount Tires can order them for you)

IPB Image

Nice car !!!!
ninefourteener
Those don't look too bad. Honestly though. I just got legally divorced (6 days ago). I bought this 5 days ago as present to myself (I won custody of my daughter). But I'm pretty much out of cash for the time being...thats why a trade is much better for now.

I think I'll just hold out for someone with a descent set of fuchs.

I'm going to post much better photos in the next day or two, the paint is really much brighter than the pics display. The weather has just been incredibly crappy here in Saint Louis for the past couple days. I'll post what I have for now though

Thanks!
ninefourteener
the first
ninefourteener
the second
ninefourteener
the third
Mueller
Is it just me or does Split-Pea soup sound good right about now smile.gif

j/k.....I think the color is great....I'm tired of red/black/white/yellow 914's............
ninefourteener
beerchug.gif Agreed!! LOL

I think Porsche should have called it something like that (split pea), rather than "willow green"

Snot green, Barf green, hot tamale shits green.....Whatever--LOL
Ferg
I agree, I love the color and the wheels. My last car had the brown guts, at first I was "I live with it" but after a while I loved it. Plus if you do get different wheels keep those around for resale, in many peoples minds the origianls that came on the car are still the best. mueba.gif
ninefourteener
Thanks! If I could keep the originals, I would, especially considering their condition...it's a money issue though. Honestly though...I'm not looking to sell this one...I was forced out of my last one.... thats why I bought this one.

We'll see what happens, not in a huge rush
Curvie Roadlover
finger.gif Hey 914er, welcome to the board. Nice car!! I think it would look great with some flames painted on the side, though, and maybe a big chrome wing on the rear deck. wink.gif , or, keep it stock. Either way is good.
ninefourteener
pain30.gif Oh, I can think of much more than that!!

I'm telling you...this thing is going to get a set of hydrolics...so I can bouce up and down.

Then I'm going to see if I can find some wire wheel goldrims...screw the fuchs, I want daytons.

Oy yea,,,,,, VELVET...the whole interior...... Purple velvet.

And curb feelers...on all 4 corners ohmy.gif)

Now THAT'S a car--LOL
GWN7
Nice car and I like the colour. All the improvments your planning will make it very special. barf.gif

I do like the colour biggrin.gif beer.gif
ninefourteener
Thanks!!

I'm starting to wonder if the color is a hit because it really is a great color.......... Or if it's just because you don't ever see one this color.

To be honest, I haven't even figured out which reason is the one that made me love it--LOL

Thanks! beerchug.gif
Jeff Krieger
I really like picture #2. It looks like a real European sports car.
ninefourteener
Thanks! Wanna trade wheels? LOL
ninefourteener
I just took a whole lot more pictures out in the parking lot...figured I'd post them. I also have wheel closeups (as well as more pics of the car on my yahoo briefcase. Feel free to take a look:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/guitarguy_75...case.yahoo.com/
ninefourteener
next one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.